Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

~XSPower C5 2.5" Catbacks

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 10:36 PM
tuckin22
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman09
Check out the video featuring the XSPower C5 Longtube Header System & 2.5" Catback combined... both of which are on special

Does this one have a cam as well?
Old 01-18-2012, 10:43 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by tuckin22
Does this one have a cam as well?
Some clips yes, some no. The in-car WOT and fly-by mods are only the catted system and 2.5" Catback. Couple other clips have a cam.... no real change in noise though cam or no cam (except for idle due to chop), cam allows it to spin some extra RPMs
Old 01-18-2012, 10:53 PM
tuckin22
Instructor

Cool sounds good thanks.
Will be looking in to getting these soon.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:54 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tuckin22
Cool sounds good thanks.
Will be looking in to getting these soon.
Thanks! Sounds good, let me know if you have any other questions and I look forward to getting you set up with some killer exhaust!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:32 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Killer tone with no drone!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:15 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

25for2012 to save $25 off your 2.5" Catback order!
Old 01-25-2012, 01:47 PM
dizzysn
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Just received mine in the mail today, and I must say I'm MORE than pleased not only with the quality of the exhaust system, but the service I received from Jon (Superman09) as well. Huron speed had a deal going on two weeks ago that was specifically for two weeks ago when it was posted up. I explained that I was very interested in the exhaust and had some questions which he was very willing to answer. I informed him that I would in fact like to take him up on his offer but needed to get paid first (mortgage and car insurance are more important than an exhaust for my car that's tucked away for the winter) and that I'd look to him in the future next time he was having a sale.

Well Jon could have said "Yeah man we'll be having a sale in a few months" but instead he told me to talk to him when I got paid and offered to extend the same deal to me! Order was shipped Monday and arrived Wednesday morning. I will also say that I was a bit skeptical of how inexpensive the exhaust was but I was willing to give it a go. Upon receiving it my dad and I tore into the box to check it out. Keep in mind my father has been a welder/sheet metal fabricator for 30 years with Boeing, and he KNOWS what quality metal and welds look like. He was VERY impressed with the quality and first thing he asked me was "Is that the Corsa one? How much did this run you, $1300?" He was shocked with how inexpensive the exhaust was. Now he wants one for his Lightning after listening to some sound clips on youtube. I haven't broken the news to him yet they don't currently make one for Lightnings :/

The other thing is that this exhaust is really making me not be able to get over how expensive parts for this car are. The Corvette Tax™ is not a myth. I've currently got SLP Loudmouth on my Z06 right now. 3ft of tubing on both sides, that splits into two other tubes 6 inches before the bumper, so literally 6ft of just metal pipe. Current price? $719.99 from Marylandspeed and it's ON SALE. It's pretty ridiculous. It's nice to have some newer, quality options out there. I'm preeeeeetty sure these will be getting installed tomorrow - weather permitting, so hopefully I can update with some sound clips.

I'm very excited to hear how it sounds. After listening to all the clips online I know I'm going to love it. So if there is anyone out there that feels like spending $1400 for an exhaust is pretty nuts unless you own a Lamborghini or Ferrari (and that honestly should be just about everyone) I wouldn't hesitate to talk to Jon and check out the XSPower cat back!!!

Last edited by dizzysn; 01-25-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:55 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dizzysn
Just received mine in the mail today, and I must say I'm MORE than pleased not only with the quality of the exhaust system, but the service I received from Jon (Superman09) as well. Huron speed had a deal going on two weeks ago that was specifically for two weeks ago when it was posted up. I explained that I was very interested in the exhaust and had some questions which he was very willing to answer. I informed him that I would in fact like to take him up on his offer but needed to get paid first (mortgage and car insurance are more important than an exhaust for my car that's tucked away for the winter) and that I'd look to him in the future next time he was having a sale.

Well Jon could have said "Yeah man we'll be having a sale in a few months" but instead he told me to talk to him when I got paid and offered to extend the same deal to me! Order was shipped Monday and arrived Wednesday morning. I will also say that I was a bit skeptical of how inexpensive the exhaust was but I was willing to give it a go. Upon receiving it my dad and I tore into the box to check it out. Keep in mind my father has been a welder/sheet metal fabricator for 30 years with Boeing, and he KNOWS what quality metal and welds look like. He was VERY impressed with the quality and first thing he asked me was "Is that the Corsa one? How much did this run you, $1300?" He was shocked with how inexpensive the exhaust was. Now he wants one for his Lightning after listening to some sound clips on youtube. I haven't broken the news to him yet they don't currently make one for Lightnings :/

The other thing is that this exhaust is really making me not be able to get over how expensive parts for this car are. The Corvette Tax™ is not a myth. I've currently got SLP Loudmouth on my Z06 right now. 3ft of tubing on both sides, that splits into two other tubes 6 inches before the bumper, so literally 6ft of just metal pipe. Current price? $719.99 from Marylandspeed and it's ON SALE. It's pretty ridiculous. It's nice to have some newer, quality options out there. I'm preeeeeetty sure these will be getting installed tomorrow - weather permitting, so hopefully I can update with some sound clips.

I'm very excited to hear how it sounds. After listening to all the clips online I know I'm going to love it. So if there is anyone out there that feels like spending $1400 for an exhaust is pretty nuts unless you own a Lamborghini or Ferrari (and that honestly should be just about everyone) I wouldn't hesitate to talk to Jon and check out the XSPower cat back!!!

Thanks for the update! Really glad I could get you set-up and that you are more than pleased. I appreciate the kind words and once again, thanks for your purchase!

Enjoy!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:04 PM
dizzysn
Pro

No problem Jon! Make sure you let me know if XSP ever makes an exhaust for Ford Lightnings, my dad would jump on it in a heart beat.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:06 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dizzysn
No problem Jon! Make sure you let me know if XSP ever makes an exhaust for Ford Lightnings, my dad would jump on it in a heart beat.
You got it!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:15 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

All orders have SHIPPED!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:42 AM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Systems are in stock and shipping daily!!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:09 PM
dizzysn
Pro

Just got mine on today. I absolutely LOVE it. There is zero drone, which is amazing. For the first time since I got my SLP Loudmouth on a year ago I can listen to the radio in my car with no issues. It's not vibrating everything in the interior like the SLP did and it sounds NASTY as wide open throttle. It's just as loud as my SLP and sounds more refined, is the best way I can put it.

I had an issue putting it on though, but it had nothing to do with the exhaust. The passenger side hanger on the rear was a little saggy so the passenger side drooped down a bit. We just tac welded the two parts of the pipe together and the problem was solved. If your stock hangers aren't droopy I don't see any reason why you would need to do what I did. My set came with two sets of exhaust clamps - normal and heavy duty. We used the normal ones to cover up the welds, but the heavy duty ones should work for anyone. We compared it to my buddy's Corsa Pace Car and with the exception of it not droning inside, and the way the muffler is set up they honestly really aren't that similar, so these are not a cheap knock off. They each have a very distinct tone and like I said earlier - up top they sound like a much more refined SLP (this is a good thing!).

We weren't able to get a good video because we only had our camera phones and the quality sucked. I have a video I took with my point and shoot Nikon, which honestly isn't that great either. Anyway you can definitely tell that it screams up top and as I said before - I think anyone who wants a good quality exhaust without the Corsa price tag, you should pick this up!!!

Last edited by dizzysn; 02-01-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:37 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Thanks for the review, it is greatly appreciated! Glad you love the system, keep on enjoying!

Jon
Old 02-09-2012, 12:14 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Killer tone with zero drone!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:11 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

All orders have shipped! Thanks!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Lear31A
Instructor

I am pretty sure that I am sold now after seeing some feedback from you guys. Just not sure of the difference between these and the 3" versions? Is it just the exhaust tip diameter or the whole piping diameter? Are there any performance gains getting the 3" over these? Man, am I getting excited now!

Get notified of new replies

To ~XSPower C5 2.5" Catbacks

Old 02-10-2012, 10:31 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Lear31A
I am pretty sure that I am sold now after seeing some feedback from you guys. Just not sure of the difference between these and the 3" versions? Is it just the exhaust tip diameter or the whole piping diameter? Are there any performance gains getting the 3" over these? Man, am I getting excited now!
There is no differences between the 2.5" and the 3" other than the piping diameter. There will be no power differences either unless you are making big power. The 3" system is for the big power, FI, or big CI guys that are getting some power held up from their 2.5" system. The 2.5" system is good up to the 650-700 hp range

Hope this helps, any other questions feel free to ask!

Jon
Old 02-14-2012, 05:40 PM
PoVette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered a set with the Header sale....

Bump for GREAT SELLER!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:44 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GHOST66