Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

C5 Console Nut Covers

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 11:07 AM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Default C5 Console Nut Covers

Hi guys, very new here and just recently purchased a 98 C5. The vette is in excellent condition but have found quite a few of the "normal" problems associated with the C5s. First item to tackle is the climate control "dimming" issue and have decided to correct that as the fix was found here in the forum. Upon inspection, I'm missing one of the console nut cover caps and the other one is broken. I want to replace them both and was wondering if anyone has some idea where to find them? GM part # is 10247710 but no one I've found carries them. Any ideas where we could locate a source for these? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:36 PM
mrm1149
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

These caps that cover the two nuts at the rear of the center console base? If so let me know by pm.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:22 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Yes sir, mrm1149. Those are the caps. The GM part # is 10247710. Thanks. They also come in various colors, but I need the black ones. PM sent.

Last edited by CactusCat; 11-27-2011 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Additional info supplied.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:36 PM
davidg1946
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default davidg1946

Originally Posted by CactusCat
Hi guys, very new here and just recently purchased a 98 C5. The vette is in excellent condition but have found quite a few of the "normal" problems associated with the C5s. First item to tackle is the climate control "dimming" issue and have decided to correct that as the fix was found here in the forum. Upon inspection, I'm missing one of the console nut cover caps and the other one is broken. I want to replace them both and was wondering if anyone has some idea where to find them? GM part # is 10247710 but no one I've found carries them. Any ideas where we could locate a source for these? Thanks in advance for your help.
Try URL http:http://www.smcautoparts.com/Pair-of-...710-zxx001.htm
Old 04-04-2016, 05:28 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Thanks sir. Appreciate the link and I see you're new and this is your first post! I very much appreciate your assistance on this. However, since you're new to CF, you might have missed that I posted this back in 2011... heh. I snagged a couple of these from mrm1149 as he had some extras laying around. You do, however, get a big giant "E" for effort. Couple of pieces of advice from an old time user here. Take a few pics of your ride and copy those pics to a photobucket account. Go to the General section and introduce yourself and post a couple of pics of your car. It's a fun way for the forum members to meet new folks and enjoy their cars as well. Also, since I see this all time time, finish your profile so we'll know a little about you and where you're located. It can be very helpful at times. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my inquiry allbeit a little late.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Console Nut Covers

Quick Reply: C5 Console Nut Covers