Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

F/S Seat Rebuild Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Charlie from Cherry Hill
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default F/S Seat Rebuild Kit

SOLD

I bought this a while back to rebuild my C5 driver's seat, but I sold the C5 and do not want to install this on my perfect C6 seat as I have too many projects and don't drive the C6 much. I paid $39.95 and it has just been sitting in my garage. It will work with both C5 and C6 seats. I'm asking for $30.00 shipped to the contiguous 48 states. PM me for PayPal information.
http://www.shop.jwmotoring.com/produ...&categoryId=31

Last edited by Charlie from Cherry Hill; 02-09-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Charlie from Cherry Hill
Burning Brakes

I received some PMs asking for additional information. The following is from the CF vendor's website:

Add support to your C5 and C6 seats. Works with stock seat covers/foam or replacements. If you're replacing your seat covers this kit is a must!

If you've ever taken your stock seat covers off you have noticed the seats side bolsters do not have any support under them. So as you climb in/out of the seat, the outside bolster foam tears where it contacts the steel seat frame and quickly sags or goes flat. The steel wires in the center area cut into the foam and quickly cause the foam to sag and pinching around the hip area. The leather looks baggy and deep wrinkles appear. This is not a good look for your Vette! This seat repair kit corrects the seat design defect where there is no support under the side bolsters and the center wires slice into the seat foam.

Included in the kit is the material for 1 seat:

· high density Upholstery foam as highlighted below.

· Tough, wear resistant Ballistic nylon fabric to repair the cut foam.

· .25 inch jute pad to make the seat firmer

· Zip ties to replace the metal hog rings.

· Detail step-by-step instructions with photos

No special tools are required. Spray glue like 3M Super #77 or #90 to attach the pieces will be needed. This is widely available at any home improvement or crafts store.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:59 AM
Charlie from Cherry Hill
Burning Brakes

I received PMs from a few CF members interested in this kit, so it is basically sold pending PayPal payment.

Get notified of new replies

To F/S Seat Rebuild Kit

Quick Reply: F/S Seat Rebuild Kit