Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

WTB: Prop shaft guide-torque tube part

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 08:34 AM
blueblazes
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default WTB: Prop shaft guide-torque tube part

Im looking for the plastic guide that aligns the input shaft on to the drive line in the torque tube. It is unavailable from the dealer! the piece I need is #26

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...torquetube.png
The following users liked this post:
nxgonzo (12-10-2015)
Old 12-10-2015, 10:37 AM
Mojointn
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by blueblazes
Im looking for the plastic guide that aligns the input shaft on to the drive line in the torque tube. It is unavailable from the dealer! the piece I need is #26

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...torquetube.png
I know the part but unsure if it is really needed. I may be wrong but the coupling pretty much aligns the prop shaft to the drive shaft. I left mine out when i rebuilt my tube. I did upgrade to soild couplings. I haven't saw any issues yet.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:10 AM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

PM sent.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:25 PM
blueblazes
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am tempted to try that... The dowel pin at the end of the driveshaft is a little bent too. Not sure how to go about having that straightened, or if its even important, if I didnt run that part at all... Think I will have it re balanced though... And I will be going back with 6 shooter couplers...

Originally Posted by Mojointn
I know the part but unsure if it is really needed. I may be wrong but the coupling pretty much aligns the prop shaft to the drive shaft. I left mine out when i rebuilt my tube. I did upgrade to soild couplings. I haven't saw any issues yet.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:19 PM
Mojointn
Instructor

Originally Posted by blueblazes
I am tempted to try that... The dowel pin at the end of the driveshaft is a little bent too. Not sure how to go about having that straightened, or if its even important, if I didnt run that part at all... Think I will have it re balanced though... And I will be going back with 6 shooter couplers...
The dowel pin does need to be straight. I would try lightly tapping it with a brass hammer. You should be able to get it back in position.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:52 PM
Smf_zo6
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in need of same piece, just left the dealer said its like 280 and won't be in till atleast Monday. Is this peice needed?
Old 08-13-2016, 01:54 AM
Mojointn
Instructor

Originally Posted by Smf_zo6
I'm in need of same piece, just left the dealer said its like 280 and won't be in till atleast Monday. Is this peice needed?
I left mine out when rebuilding my tube. I really felt it was unnecessary. Still running strong with no issues. Good luck with what ever you decide.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: Prop shaft guide-torque tube part

Quick Reply: WTB: Prop shaft guide-torque tube part