Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Lessons in timing chains and one with no equal

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 04:30 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Default Lessons in timing chains and one with no equal

Elite Chain Drive

Often times when people think of the load put on their timing chain, they think of the load exceeding the tensile strength of the chain. In reality, what’s actually occurring is a series of abrupt starting and stopping, accelerating and decelerating of the crank and camshaft at different frequencies. In other words, if you were able to measure the load placed on the timing chain, you wouldn’t see a constant tension load, rather a series of shock loads. Shock loads are what destroys things. Many things determine the shock loads placed on your timing chain. These things include the ramp rates of the camshaft, the spring tension, engine RPM and the stability of the valve train overall and lastly, any kind of rev limiting electronics. The timing chain has no real ability to absorb shock and trying to design one that does is a bad idea because it will affect the accuracy of your valve timing. The stock timing chain was designed for the stock camshaft and springs. Part of the recipe for increased performance includes a larger camshaft with more aggressive ramps as well as increased spring pressures. While you may get away with using the stock timing chain, it doesn’t make it a good idea. Double row timing chains use smaller links with smaller pins, offering no real advantage. For many years, the C5R chain has been the gold standard in timing chains.
Now at the conclusion of much research and development, I bring you the Elite Chain Drive, bigger, better and stronger than anything offered before. The heavy duty pins are much larger than their counterparts. Not only that, but they’re cold formed and loaded with chromium to keep their strength at the highest point. The links are equally robust.
The drive gears are billet. They are machined, vibratory polished, heat treated, vibratory polished again, manganese phosphate treated and then stamp marked.
Instead of black oxide coating the gears, which serves no purpose, we chose to coat them in manganese phosphate. If you take the time to read about this process, you’ll soon discover that it goes above and beyond providing excellent corrosion resistance (which is all that black oxide coating provides). It, in fact, provides friction resistance and offers anti-galling advantages.

The first picture below shows a C5R chain, a C7R chain and then the Elite Drive Chain on the bottom. The second picture shows you the oiling hole in the rollers, designed to help keep the pins cool and lubricated.

I’ve met so many people focus on every other part on their build and then neglect a part that can bring the entire house down, the chain. Don’t be that guy.

Pricing for the LS1/2/6 chains has gone down to 169.00 shipped.
LS3 wet sump 189.00
LS7, LS3 dry sump (excluding LS9) 209.00
I'm working on a LS9 kit but don't have an ETA.

Texas Residents Add 7.75% sales tax

Credit cards, cash and PayPal accepted.
For credit card payments, I use Paypal and will require your email address to send an invoice. I ship to the PayPal confirmed address.
PayPal to: BlownBlueZ06@gmail.com
when ordering, please specify which kit you need.
Attached Images    

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance; 09-14-2016 at 02:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
97 SC Cobra (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 05:56 PM
97 SC Cobra
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 87 Posts

Wow that looks beefy. I only wish it was released 6 months ago. Thanks for working to keep our cars not only faster but more reliable as well.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:42 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 97 SC Cobra
Wow that looks beefy. I only wish it was released 6 months ago. Thanks for working to keep our cars not only faster but more reliable as well.
It's my pleasure.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:48 PM
StuntHeavy
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got the chance to see this chain up close. It's no joke. The thing that impressed me the most is the pin sizing. Impressive innovation sir!
Old 04-16-2016, 12:04 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by StuntHeavy
I got the chance to see this chain up close. It's no joke. The thing that impressed me the most is the pin sizing. Impressive innovation sir!
Thanks buddy!
Old 04-16-2016, 08:40 PM
itsonlyairandfuel
Drifting

Received 384 Likes on 241 Posts

Do you also carry the timing chain dampner for the LS1, LS6 ? Thanks Ron B.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:26 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by itsonlyairandfuel
Do you also carry the timing chain dampner for the LS1, LS6 ? Thanks Ron B.
I don't. Only the chain and gear set.
Old 04-17-2016, 05:04 PM
SuperVetteC5
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I got a first look at this setup when I installed it in my Z06 a couple weeks ago. Awesome looking parts here. You can tell they are quality all the way. If you're gonna be there, don't cut corners, go with the best and make your engine live longer and perform better.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:49 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by SuperVetteC5
I got a first look at this setup when I installed it in my Z06 a couple weeks ago. Awesome looking parts here. You can tell they are quality all the way. If you're gonna be there, don't cut corners, go with the best and make your engine live longer and perform better.
Thanks for your supporting comments.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:04 AM
Supporting Vendor

Pricing reduced for the LS1/2/3/6 models.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:38 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for all of your continued support!

Get notified of new replies

To Lessons in timing chains and one with no equal

Quick Reply: Lessons in timing chains and one with no equal