Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FS: SOLD!! C5 6pt harness (Racequip harness, Vetteworks lap bar, Hardbar harness bar)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 02:44 PM
AX Steve
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default SOLD!! C5 6pt harness (Racequip harness, Vetteworks lap bar, Hardbar harness bar)

C5 6pt harness set-up, includes:
  • Hardbar Harness Bar (no longer made) includes custom GoPro camera mount for harness bar
  • Vetteworks Lap Belt Bar
  • Red Racequip camlock 6-pt pull-up harness
Located in Detroit, MI area.

Asking $750 for all.

Last edited by Sabre34; 10-04-2022 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 09-21-2022, 03:44 PM
72greg
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 44 Posts

the harness bar fit a C6 as well?
Old 09-21-2022, 04:02 PM
shredjesse
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Interesting. Can you retain the OEM seatbelts as well with this harness bar setup? Just as simple as bolt in and shred?
Old 09-21-2022, 04:36 PM
AX Steve
Intermediate

I'm 95% positive the Hardbar will only work on a C5.

Yes, the OEM seat belts remain functional. All bolt-in.

Steve
The following users liked this post:
72greg (09-21-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 07:23 PM
shredjesse
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Noted. I'm trying to find some information on the hardbar so I can verify everything is there that is needed. Got any information you can share on it? Looks like it is missing some stuff all the other harness bars have.

Then I need to see if I can do a 6 point harness with my current seats. They don't have a center split for the anti-submarine straps. Need to figure that out.

If I can do both of those though, I'm into it.

Why are you selling?
Old 09-21-2022, 09:02 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 670 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by shredjesse
Noted. I'm trying to find some information on the hardbar so I can verify everything is there that is needed. Got any information you can share on it? Looks like it is missing some stuff all the other harness bars have.

Then I need to see if I can do a 6 point harness with my current seats. They don't have a center split for the anti-submarine straps. Need to figure that out.

If I can do both of those though, I'm into it.

Why are you selling?
I have the carbon fiber version of this harness bar and I like it better than the Brey Krause version for two reasons. One it's lighter and secondly you do not need the vertical bars as you do with the BK set up. To make this bar work, you remove the upper seat belt shoulder bolt, then you mount this bar into the bolt location you just removed the shoulder belt bolt from. Then you remount the shoulder belt into the holes in the harness bar. No vertical bars to contend with, and that is a big deal if you are running an aftermarket seat, since you need to remove the vertical bars in order to remove your seats. That's a big pain in the you know what!
Old 09-21-2022, 10:45 PM
AX Steve
Intermediate

Zipity is correct on the HardBar install. The rubber spacers/washers are installed on either side of the OEM turning loop to keep it from rattling. No other parts required.

The harness has some options for sub belt attachment. On the C5, the two OEM front seat bolts can be replaced by the eyebolts included/pictured. Then just clip in the sub belt.

I stripped my C5 of all the performance parts and am selling everything separately. No one, including me, is too interested in an uncompetitively classed SSR or AS car. I'm considering other options, including switching from Autox to golf.

I should have taken better/more pictures of the install. These are the two I have.

Old 09-27-2022, 02:04 PM
m5guy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve, I'm interested. What is the mfg date on the belts? And would you consider selling the Hardbar separately in case I decide to go with a Schroth ASM 4-point instead? Thanks.
Old 09-29-2022, 10:53 AM
AX Steve
Intermediate

The harness build date is June 2016. Here's a picture of the label:

Old 10-04-2022, 08:32 AM
AX Steve
Intermediate

Sold

Get notified of new replies

To SOLD!! C5 6pt harness (Racequip harness, Vetteworks lap bar, Hardbar harness bar)

Quick Reply: FS: SOLD!! C5 6pt harness (Racequip harness, Vetteworks lap bar, Hardbar harness bar)