Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FS: PRE-SALE Group Buy NEW Double Din Radio Bezels - OEM LOOK & FEEL

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 10:34 AM
Dave70
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$40 for shipping? Wow.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:19 PM
Lilbluevette
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

An update would be nice. I've waited 3 months, others even longer. No response to my e-mails.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:25 PM
Gotubch
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is the worse group buy I have seen!! You guys that committed early should get your money back and the console. I understand a delay in the process but come on. This thread should be updated daily to ease your minds. They are making money with your money for months now. You all invested in his business adventure due to him not having the revenue and now you are unable to even get updates on where your money is. I am steering clear of this business for any purchases due to the lack of communication and not delivering as scheduled.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:08 PM
chris308
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

Last Activity: Today 12:28 PM

Ya'll are being avoided...
The following users liked this post:
Gotubch (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 04:04 PM
redzg
Melting Slicks

Received 664 Likes on 532 Posts

So back on the 23rd of November, Shawn said they were 'approved to ship' and anticipated within 4 weeks, and that a better ETA would be announced soon. Four weeks is tomorrow, and no one responds to emails.
As long as they don't turn out to be Metra's with a paint job...
Old 12-20-2017, 04:57 PM
Family-O-Vettes
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris308
Last Activity: Today 12:28 PM

Ya'll are being avoided...
Old 12-20-2017, 08:13 PM
redzg
Melting Slicks

I got an email back from Shawn at Vettenuts!
It does not, of course, help in any way. He says:
"I am working on an email to update everyone on the latest information. You should receive it shortly.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I am still having issues with my internet server and am not receiving emails until days/weeks later. So frustrating ... and along with the bezels ... jeez.
Just a heads up, we have demanded an accurate ETA. We were told 55 days and they will be at our door. Hoping and praying this one holds true."
I could not help but note -- both in my head and in an email reply to Shawn -- that he does not reference WHEN the 55 day count was supposed to have started. 53 days ago? Today? Kind of makes a difference.

Last edited by redzg; 12-20-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:28 PM
Gotubch
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redzg
I got an email back from Shawn at Vettenuts!
It does not, of course, help in any way. He says:
"I am working on an email to update everyone on the latest information. You should receive it shortly.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I am still having issues with my internet server and am not receiving emails until days/weeks later. So frustrating ... and along with the bezels ... jeez.
Just a heads up, we have demanded an accurate ETA. We were told 55 days and they will be at our door. Hoping and praying this one holds true."
I could not help but note -- both in my head and in an email reply to Shawn -- that he does not reference WHEN the 55 day count was supposed to have started. 53 days ago? Today? Kind of makes a difference.
55 Days after the New Year if you are lucky!! LMAO... They are on vacation in Mexico with your money. Internet server is working fine they just aren't concerned as they have your money. If they were truly concerned with the individuals in this thread they would credit all the monies back until the product arrived and then off it back to the initial investors at the same price.

I have been checking this thread because I almost bought in, but wasn't willing to pay in full for nothing.

How long are you guys going to let this "company" hold your money?

Last edited by Gotubch; 12-20-2017 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:13 AM
That One Dude
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello everyone. New member, first post here. I felt compelled to join the forum and share my experience / opinions on this matter. I knew that there were long delays on these bezels and before I placed my order in early November I called and spoke to Mark. He told me at that time that the bezels were going to arrive in five weeks and before the end of the year. He also said that when they were two weeks out he was going to cancel the pre-order pricing.

I went ahead and placed my order, confident that I had done so at the tail end of a long process. I occasionally checked the Vettenuts website and this forum for updates...nothing. On December 12th I emailed Vettenuts and asked for an update. Shawn replied the same day and told me that they expected the bezels to arrive in five weeks. I didn't like that answer but I knew that others had been waiting much longer than me, so I wasn't going to be mad about it.

Now, after reading other members' posts in this thread, I'm seeing that Vettenuts can't seem to offer their customers any kind of consistent information. But when I saw redzg's post in which he shared Shawn's excuse about internet problems and getting emails days/weeks late...let's just say I'm a tad PO'd.

In my mind, in this day and age, that excuse seems a touch much. Reminds me of the 'dog ate my homework' argument.

These guys are only hurting themselves in this sh!# show. I mean anybody on planet earth that does any kind of internet search with 'Corvette' in it is going to come across this forum and if I was in the business of selling Corvette parts on line...I wouldn't want my company associated with ticked off customers on corvetteforum.com. Just sayin'.

So, Vettenuts. Communicate with your customers who have trusted you with their money. If you don't know when this product is going to arrive, say you don't know. Just stand in front of this. I'll respect that.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:50 AM
Ls2gtoowner
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I am getting very frustrated and being to think that we won't ever get our money back or the product. I ordered on March 24th 2017 and believe I was the first one to jump on board. This has gone on long enough and will be canceling my order soon if I don't have a tracking number with my bezel or have a very good reason why these aren't here.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:03 PM
redzg
Melting Slicks

O.K., time to really, really ponder this debacle. I had replied to Shawn that he left out the important info -- the start clock on the 55 days. New reply today.
NOT GOOD.
55 day delivery clock -- to Vettenuts, I assume -- started YESTERDAY.
Bearing in mind the four or five previous 'ship by' dates have all been empty promises, I think we know what level of confidence to apply.
TODude, I think you will find Vettenuts has a fairly impeccable reputation at their primary operation, supplying used and otherwise unobtainable parts. For that they seem up to par -- though even there, some find their communication a tad lacking.

Last edited by redzg; 12-21-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:25 PM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

Received 232 Likes on 134 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

First off let me start by saying that we are truly sorry for the multiple delays in getting these bezels out to you all. And also for the lack of communication on our part. It is not because we do not care, it is simply because we have not had any new information to share.
Along with not having a new date and the previous estimated dates that never came, we have been weary of sending out another promised arrival date.

The timeframe for completion has been pushed back time and time again, due to errors in texture, mounting tabs, etc. Every time a change is made, the manufacturer has to modify the mold, send us the sample (from overseas), and wait for our approval. This has taken more time than we ever anticipated. We are FINALLY in production and nearing completion of the 1000 bezels!!!

To say that this has been frustrating would be an understatement. As you could imagine, this process has been a nightmare for us all. We have a lot of capital tied up in these bezels, and we too are waiting on them for our Vettes. We want you all to know that we share in the same frustration and anticipation as our customers.

We have spent the last week demanding a solid delivery date. The manufacturer has assured us that in 60 days we will have them in stock, ready to ship to you.
We truly believe that you will be satisfied with the results and that it was worth the wait.

We want to thank those of you who have called and been so patient with us.
We appreciate you guys more than you know!
Old 12-21-2017, 06:30 PM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

Received 232 Likes on 134 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Here are actual pictures of the approved bezel in a C5.
Attached Images    
The following 2 users liked this post by Marc@Vettenuts.net:
Donny Brass (12-22-2017), That One Dude (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 08:41 PM
That One Dude
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update Marc. I appreciate it.The bezel looks good. Looking forward to mine.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:39 AM
yarberrymt
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow that looks good.....looks OEM and great fit/finish.

Just pulled the trigger on a full Single DIN setup. Drat
Old 12-23-2017, 02:51 PM
CJ1957
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Default A light at the end

Marc,

Thank you for an update and when looking at the photos, it's going to be worth the wait for me so I'm still all in.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2017, 10:18 PM
001pewter
Race Director

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts
St.. Jude Donor '17-'18

That looks great.

Get notified of new replies

To PRE-SALE Group Buy NEW Double Din Radio Bezels - OEM LOOK & FEEL

Old 12-23-2017, 10:24 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

How does this differ from the Double D one that has been available forever ?

Dave
Old 12-23-2017, 11:45 PM
redzg
Melting Slicks

Well, for one, the Double D is apparently no longer available -- oh, wait! Is that your point?
Old 12-27-2017, 01:12 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

Quick Reply: FS: PRE-SALE Group Buy NEW Double Din Radio Bezels - OEM LOOK & FEEL