Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

WTB: Coupe front-top-door weatherstrip, help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 11:59 PM
Deke Keyes
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Coupe front-top-door weatherstrip, help!

I’m really stumped trying to find this piece of weatherstrip for anything reasonably affordable. There are aftermarket replacements for every other weatherstrip piece but this one. Both of my door windows leak like crazy until I can find a good replacement. I’m referring to the strip that goes along the front of the targa top and down the a-pillars, seals the leading edge of the door glass.
Thanks in advance!
Old 06-25-2019, 07:22 AM
MMHAMMER
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Deke Keyes
I’m really stumped trying to find this piece of weatherstrip for anything reasonably affordable. There are aftermarket replacements for every other weatherstrip piece but this one. Both of my door windows leak like crazy until I can find a good replacement. I’m referring to the strip that goes along the front of the targa top and down the a-pillars, seals the leading edge of the door glass.
Thanks in advance!
I'll have to look at my part out to see if it can be removed without ruining it.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:56 AM
JSwann
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you guys tried adjusting the window tip in? Do some research on that, there are some good tutorials on here. It's free and may be worth a shot before replacing the weatherstripping.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:09 AM
Faster5
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Try rockauto.com
Old 06-26-2019, 02:03 AM
tstrobl1
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JSwann
Have you guys tried adjusting the window tip in? Do some research on that, there are some good tutorials on here. It's free and may be worth a shot before replacing the weatherstripping.
I replaced the complete driver's side window operator mechanism and spent quite a bit of time adjusting the window for the best fit. I still have a bit of an air leak on the A pillar and the paper test shows that I don't have consistent pressure along that sealing surface. I also have a small tear in that weatherstrip along the top of the windshield where someone before me obviously damaged it lifting the roof in.

Last edited by tstrobl1; 06-26-2019 at 02:05 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:04 AM
tstrobl1
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Faster5
Try rockauto.com
RockAuto doesn't even list that part. Neither does MidAmericaMotorworks. Eckler's has it listed at over $700!
Old 06-26-2019, 02:08 AM
tstrobl1
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MMHAMMER
I'll have to look at my part out to see if it can be removed without ruining it.
I think it's glued to the windshield. I think you are right and you can't remove it without ruining it.

Get notified of new replies

To Coupe front-top-door weatherstrip, help!

Quick Reply: WTB: Coupe front-top-door weatherstrip, help!