Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

RM Racing Custom Nitrous kit for 97-2000 C5

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 09:21 PM

Default RM Racing Custom Nitrous kit for 97-2000 C5

This is the $1800 dollar kit that RM makes, it was specially designed for the C5, I had it installed on my 2000 vette for about 2 weeks, but took it off because I bought the Z06. I never used the kit(not once) and never even filled the bottle. This is the best kit out there for the C5, it comes with 2 computer microprocessers that monitor engine rpm/throttle position(the computer is preset to bring on nirous at 3000 RPM's and cut off at 5500 rpms, bottle pressure,fuel pressure, traction control(if you traction control is on the Nitrous will not engage) . 2 pro nitrous solenoids one is a back-up (for extra safety, 1 pro fuel solenoid, fuel pressure safety switch, 10lb bottle with mounting brackets, bottle heater, inline filter, blow-off vaulve, stock 97-2000 corvette air-bridge with the nitous nozel already drilled into it with 125hp jets, custom mounting brackets for everything, and custom ashtray switch yhat slides right in the place of your existing tray when the tray cover is shut you see nothing.
this is the most compleate kit you can buy and still like brand new, never used. All you need to do is install then flip the switch the computers watch over evrything for you, this is a dummyproof kit.
$950+shipping

Old 12-01-2002, 11:16 PM
buddybgdog
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: RM Racing Custom Nitrous kit for 97-2000 C5 (dave zehak)

I am interested... sent you email
Old 12-04-2002, 04:40 AM

Still for sale
Old 12-11-2002, 04:55 PM

I cant believe nobody is interested in this kit, its the most compleate kit on the market that is custom made for the C5 and C5 only, it comes with everything you ever need and more, and the only kit that comes with two computers that monitor everything from traction control, engine rpm, wot, bottle pressure, fuel pressure, also if you needed to change anything in the system you can have a custom chip burned from a company called Zublin electronics who designed the computers, I didnt know this until recently after I already bought my dual stage system. I need the cash for x-mass do I'm dropping the price to $875, its still brand new and I'll be taking a $1000 hit if I sell it, but I need cash asap.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:27 AM

Dropping the price again(really need the money), $700 bucks you pay shipping, this is as low as I am going to go so there will be no negotiations, this kit has everything and more and the only kit on the market that comes with to computers that hook in with you cars own computers to watch over everything, this is the safest kit in the market, again $700 plus shipping not a penny more or a penny less, if you look at the other used systems out there that dont even have the equipment that this system has the are going in the $650 range this kit was never used, not once, I never even had the bottle filled, this kit is a steal and was featured in a road and track magazine ( I wish I could find the magazine I thing I trew it out, I'm sure you can call Rm Racing and they will send you the article in road and track that it was featured in. I am really taking a hit on this but you know how x-mass time is.
Again the kit comes with 2 pro Nitrous solenoids one fat one and one back up just in case the other fails, I fat pro Fuel solenoid, and a fuel pressure safety swith which are all mounted to a custom made braket that bolts right onto a specific area in your engine compartment so there is no drilling or cheezy rigging to mount them, 10lb bottle with automatic bottle heater/pressure gage/mounting brackets and blow-off tube, all the important parts of this unit have computer plug ins that go directly to the two computers that watch over everything for you, it also comes with another air bridge that fits 97-2000 C5's with the Nitrous nozzles already drilled in and mounted, so you dont need to do any drilling whatsoever except drilling a hole for the blow off tube, the last cool thing that come with this kit is a toatlly stealth dummy ashtray, that slides right in the place of you exsisting ashtray, there are two switches, both light up, one is for arming the system and the other is for the automatic bottle heater. This system has a check system, built into the two computers, it has the little microswitch that is located under you gass peddle, with the peddle is depressed it then send a signal back to the computer that checks the throttle position censor to make sure you are at full open throttle, after that it checks to make sure your fuel pressure regualtor which is also wired into the Nitrous computer, if all those things are correct, it goes back to check if your traction control is off, we all know that traction control redards fuel and timeing, so on a regular system, if you hit the juice with the traction control on you go BOOM!, with this system it makes sure that traction contol is off, if its on , Nitrous will not engage, you will not find a better system.
this system does not use a standard Rpm switch, it is all run through the computer microprocessor its set for the standard Ls1 rev limiter, comes on at 300rpm and shuts off at 5500 rpm, if you desire differnt settings you can call Zublin electronics(The have a website) they are the ones who designed the computers for RM and they can burn you a chip that you can install yourself into the compter custom made to your settings, its kind of crappy because I wasnt aware of this until recenly, if I was , wouldnt have bought the system I have now, but its to late, I already have it installed, the buyer of this system will benifit form my stupidity.

Go to rmrace.com click on the C5 section and go to the testimonials and you will see the great reviews this system has had.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:30 AM
buddybgdog
Racer

Was leaning towards a supercharger.. but if the kit is complete with all components and instructions you can consider it sold.

Email me so we can setup payment.

Old 12-12-2002, 10:09 AM
Snake Slayer
Melting Slicks

Received 513 Likes on 193 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: RM Racing Custom Nitrous kit for 97-2000 C5 (buddybgdog)

Dave will this kit only work on 97-00 models ?
Old 12-12-2002, 08:22 PM

sorry guys this kit is sold to Buddybgdog, if the deal fall through I will put it up again.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:45 AM
buddybgdog
Racer

Dave,

Email me your phone and I will call you! :yesnod:

:cheers:
Old 12-17-2002, 03:55 AM

My e-mail is going crazy, I think someone sent me a virus, I'm getting 600 e-mails a day all old ones and some that are just totally screwed up, i hope you got my Im, let me know, cause I intend to send you out your system on thursday.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:00 AM
buddybgdog
Racer

Thanks Dave.

Got your IM... I'll try to call again tomorrow. :yesnod:

[Modified by buddybgdog, 4:04 AM 12/17/2002]
Old 12-17-2002, 12:59 PM
MTWallet
Drifting

:mad:smash: :cuss:smash: Dammit, I wish I would have seen this post earlier, I really want this system!!! It's exactly what I have been looking at for!!!:cuss
Dave, if the sale falls through, let me know right away!
Mike

[Modified by MTWallet, 12:03 PM 12/17/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To RM Racing Custom Nitrous kit for 97-2000 C5

Quick Reply: RM Racing Custom Nitrous kit for 97-2000 C5