Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

02 Wheel locking lug nuts

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 09:40 AM
awschucks
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 02 Wheel locking lug nuts

HI,

I'm trying to get the locking lug nuts off of my 02. The wheel lock key is missing and the Chev replacement (part number 12497478) has a different type of key and lug nut. I understand the Snap on has a tool to getthe old ones off, but apparently it wrecks the locking lug nut. The new replecement lug nuts do not have threads on the outside of the nut for the decorative covers fit on.

How can I find a new key? Are all of the 02's the same, or am I shafted. I've had one guy want to go after the locking nuts with a torch. No..

[Modified by awschucks, 2:41 PM 11/23/2003]
Old 11-23-2003, 12:03 PM
Rogue Wave
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-16-'17

Default Re: 02 Wheel locking lug nuts (awschucks)

In your car somewhere (maybe in the rear storage compartment ???) should be a card with the key # for your set of locking lug nuts. With this number you can order a replacement key. (The style is the same but the key pattern is different, thus you need the key #.)

If you don't have the key #, you will need to get the lug nuts off any way you can. And if you destroy them in the process... well, so what. You can't use them anyway since you don't have a key. :lol:

Chevy can get you a new set of locking lug nuts with a key to match and a card with the key # so that you can order an additional key. You mentioned a Chevy replacement part number that was a different stylye... obviously, assuming what you currently have is a stock locking lugnut, they gave you the wrong part number.

Good luck...
Old 11-23-2003, 07:11 PM
98silverC5
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of 4 locking lug nuts with threads on outside and the correct socket that I will sell you for $20.00 shipped. You will still have to deal with getting yours off though. Let me know if interested.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:46 PM
awschucks
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Problem solved. I hammerd a deep well socket on them and was able to get the locking nuts off. Thanks for the assistance.

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To 02 Wheel locking lug nuts

Quick Reply: 02 Wheel locking lug nuts