C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Torque Management

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 11:57 AM
leeman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque Management

In my previous post where I asked about the Predator in an '04, the response was that it will disaengage torque management for more powerful performance off the line. Is this the same as competition mode?
If not what is the difference? And does the Predator adjust anything else, like shift points, fuel mixtture, timing, ETC?
Old 06-19-2005, 01:16 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by leeman
In my previous post where I asked about the Predator in an '04, the response was that it will disaengage torque management for more powerful performance off the line. Is this the same as competition mode?
If not what is the difference? And does the Predator adjust anything else, like shift points, fuel mixtture, timing, ETC?
It is not the same as Competitive Mode.

Do a search as there is plenty already written here about Competitive mode, Torque Management, Traction Control and Active Handling.

You might also check http://corvetteactioncenter.com/foru...s=&forumid=150 and do a search there.

The Predator is a good beginner's tool, arguably the best out there for a beginner who is going to be doing the minimum bolt ons like thermostats, breathers and cat back exhausts. If you want to buy one, I have one for sale.

However if you are going to go to gears, headers and definitely beyond, then there are much better alternatives out there. To nail down your timing and A/F ratios, you will probably be better off with a PC based program with scanning and logging capabilities. The Predator for GM has no logging capabilities.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 06-19-2005 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:28 PM
leeman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks EB

Originally Posted by EB20003
It is not the same as Competitive Mode.

Do a search as there is plenty already written here about Competitive mode, Torque Management, Traction Control and Active Handling.

You might also check http://corvetteactioncenter.com/foru...s=&forumid=150 and do a search there.

The Predator is a good beginner's tool, arguably the best out there for a beginner who is going to be doing the minimum bolt ons like thermostats, breathers and cat back exhausts. If you want to buy one, I have one for sale.

However if you are going to go to gears, headers and definitely beyond, then there are much better alternatives out there. To nail down your timing and A/F ratios, you will probably be better off with a PC based program with scanning and logging capabilities. The Predator for GM has no logging capabilities.
Thanks EB

Get notified of new replies

To Torque Management

Quick Reply: Torque Management