C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Tech II

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 02:59 AM
Cscokd
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Tech II

Does anybody know what features or options can be enabled or disabled with a Tech II tool? Or is there some other tool that can do this? Like I've heard that you can disable the F45 shock system. I'm also wondering if there is a Active Handling option that can be enabled? My '98 has a front mounted EBTCM but did not come with Active Handling which was an option on my late '98 C5. I read through the operators manual for "Ease" PC based Tech II software but did not see anything that might do any of these things.
John
Old 11-25-2005, 10:37 AM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cscokd
Does anybody know what features or options can be enabled or disabled with a Tech II tool? Or is there some other tool that can do this? Like I've heard that you can disable the F45 shock system. I'm also wondering if there is a Active Handling option that can be enabled? My '98 has a front mounted EBTCM but did not come with Active Handling which was an option on my late '98 C5. I read through the operators manual for "Ease" PC based Tech II software but did not see anything that might do any of these things.
John

John,

To my knowledge only the TECH II can turn off F45.

Charlie
Old 11-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Cscokd
Drifting

Thanks Charlie
John
Old 11-26-2005, 08:21 AM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I forget where I saw it but there is a simple DIY "Mod" to diasble the F45. I'll look around and see if I can find it somewhere.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Mr. Lucky
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

This is not an all-inclusive list, but will give you an idea of what can be addressed via Tech-II.

HTH!
Old 11-26-2005, 12:44 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dumb question but does anyone know if a TechII can handle rear gear changes on a 97A4. I have HPTuners which does it for all 98-04's with the package I have. Does not support all 97's though.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:38 PM
Cscokd
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky
This is not an all-inclusive list, but will give you an idea of what can be addressed via Tech-II.

HTH!
Thanks Bob! I noticed under the BCM menu it shows * Active Handling (RPO JL4). Do you think this would turn on the AH option on my late '98?
John

Last edited by Cscokd; 11-26-2005 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Mr. Lucky
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Cscokd
I noticed under the BCM menu it shows * Active Handling (RPO JL4). Do you think this would turn on the AH option on my late '98?
John,

There is a lot more to AH than just toggling a bit in the BCM:
http://corvetteactioncenter.com/tech...ehandling.html

You would obviously need the tc/ah switch wiring, plus all the sensors noted in the article. OTOH, the RPO code shown is the correct option for 1998 model year. It might be worth a try, unless someone can chime in with the definitive answer.

-Bob
Old 11-27-2005, 12:40 AM
Cscokd
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky
John,

There is a lot more to AH than just toggling a bit in the BCM:
http://corvetteactioncenter.com/tech...ehandling.html

You would obviously need the tc/ah switch wiring, plus all the sensors noted in the article. OTOH, the RPO code shown is the correct option for 1998 model year. It might be worth a try, unless someone can chime in with the definitive answer.

-Bob
Bob, I'm betting that since this was a production car with front-mounted EBTCM with AH offered as an option, then the only thing I would need to do is change the switch harness on the console and enable it. I doubt they had time to cost reduce by removing sensors and such. I bet all the sensors are there. I will start looking into this just to see what's there. I wish if someone else has already looked into this that they could offer some insight on this option.
John

Get notified of new replies

To Tech II

Quick Reply: Tech II