C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Needs smog, help me,

Old 04-27-2006, 11:56 PM
slammedvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needs smog, help me,

I have LT's, back to stock x pipe with cats and exhaust, and intake. I went to smog shop, they said my pcm is not communicating with State computer. WAT COULD CAUSE THAT? I checked all the fuses, everythin seems fyne. I had hypertech installed last yr, so i put the stock tune back again. Its was throwing p0134 codes. So i reset everythin and drove for like 2 hrs, everythin seems normal.
I know with LT's wont pass visual but they will pass emission. Am i right on that? Wat cause p0134? Y state computer is not communicating with car's pcm. HElp me someone. I need smog cuz i need to register the car.

One more thing i wana add, i put the stock tune after i went to get smog. If the State computer is not communicating, how did hypertech communicated after smog tech informed me with all that?

Last edited by slammedvette; 04-27-2006 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:40 PM
GA Country Boy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What they probably mean is that your computer is not ready for testing. You will have to perform a "Driving Cycle" to get it ready. I go through this every year and you can drive a bunch of miles and still not get it ready, but if you do it properly it's pretty quick. Follow the instructions.

General Motors Driving Cycle
A complete driving cycle should perform diagnostics on all systems. A complete driving cycle can be done in under fifteen minutes.

To perform an OBDII Driving cycle do the following:

1. Cold Start. In order to be classified as a cold start the engine coolant temperature must be below 50̊C (122̊F) and within 6̊C (11̊F) of the ambient air temperature at startup. Do not leave the key on prior to the cold start or the heated oxygen sensor diagnostic may not run.

2. Idle. The engine must be run for two and a half minutes with the air conditioner on and rear defroster on. The more electrical load you can apply the better. This will test the O2 heater, Passive Air, Purge "No Flow", Misfire and if closed loop is achieved, Fuel Trim.

3. Accelerate. Turn off the air conditioner and all the other loads and apply half throttle until 88km/hr (55mph) is reached. During this time the Misfire, Fuel Trim, and Purge Flow diagnostics will be performed.

4. Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for 3 minutes. During this time the O2 response, air Intrusive, EGR, Purge, Misfire, and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.

5. Decelerate. Let off the accelerator pedal. Do not shift, touch the brake or clutch. It is important to let the vehicle coast along gradually slowing down to 32km/hr (20 mph). During this time the EGR, Purge and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.

6. Accelerate. Accelerate at 3/4 throttle until 88-96 km/hr (55-60mph). This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 3.

7. Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for five minutes. During this time, in addition to the diagnostics performed in step 4, the catalyst monitor diagnostics will be performed. If the catalyst is marginal or the battery has been disconnected, it may take 5 complete driving cycles to determine the state of the catalyst.

8. Decelerate. This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 5. Again, don't press the clutch or brakes or shift gears.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:00 PM
Speed Trap
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You ought to make these instructions a "Tech Tip" in the tips section. I've printed it for future reference.

Originally Posted by GA Country Boy
What they probably mean is that your computer is not ready for testing. You will have to perform a "Driving Cycle" to get it ready. I go through this every year and you can drive a bunch of miles and still not get it ready, but if you do it properly it's pretty quick. Follow the instructions.

General Motors Driving Cycle
A complete driving cycle should perform diagnostics on all systems. A complete driving cycle can be done in under fifteen minutes.

To perform an OBDII Driving cycle do the following:

1. Cold Start. In order to be classified as a cold start the engine coolant temperature must be below 50̊C (122̊F) and within 6̊C (11̊F) of the ambient air temperature at startup. Do not leave the key on prior to the cold start or the heated oxygen sensor diagnostic may not run.

2. Idle. The engine must be run for two and a half minutes with the air conditioner on and rear defroster on. The more electrical load you can apply the better. This will test the O2 heater, Passive Air, Purge "No Flow", Misfire and if closed loop is achieved, Fuel Trim.

3. Accelerate. Turn off the air conditioner and all the other loads and apply half throttle until 88km/hr (55mph) is reached. During this time the Misfire, Fuel Trim, and Purge Flow diagnostics will be performed.

4. Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for 3 minutes. During this time the O2 response, air Intrusive, EGR, Purge, Misfire, and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.

5. Decelerate. Let off the accelerator pedal. Do not shift, touch the brake or clutch. It is important to let the vehicle coast along gradually slowing down to 32km/hr (20 mph). During this time the EGR, Purge and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.

6. Accelerate. Accelerate at 3/4 throttle until 88-96 km/hr (55-60mph). This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 3.

7. Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for five minutes. During this time, in addition to the diagnostics performed in step 4, the catalyst monitor diagnostics will be performed. If the catalyst is marginal or the battery has been disconnected, it may take 5 complete driving cycles to determine the state of the catalyst.

8. Decelerate. This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 5. Again, don't press the clutch or brakes or shift gears.

Get notified of new replies

To Needs smog, help me,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Needs smog, help me,