Notices
C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo

ECS Mail order tunes, still only $149!

 
Old 09-11-2018, 11:08 PM
  #1541  
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
DOUG @ ECS's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Posts: 22,667
Thanked 341 Times in 289 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 316Z06 View Post
Hello Doug,

Sending my PCM your way today after reading the satisfied reviews after install. Thanks in advance
Thank you!
DOUG @ ECS is offline  
Old 09-19-2018, 10:58 AM
  #1542  
Mr. Black
CF Senior Member
 
Mr. Black's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Location: South Hill Wa
Posts: 477
Thanked 69 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Doug, this may have been covered somewhere in the 1500 posts of this great thread but can you simply tell me if there are any limitations speaking only on behalf of an N/A tune that there may be? Looking forward to potentially using your services to get my car up and driveable this winter.
Mr. Black is offline  
Old 09-19-2018, 02:20 PM
  #1543  
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
DOUG @ ECS's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Posts: 22,667
Thanked 341 Times in 289 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
Doug, this may have been covered somewhere in the 1500 posts of this great thread but can you simply tell me if there are any limitations speaking only on behalf of an N/A tune that there may be? Looking forward to potentially using your services to get my car up and driveable this winter.

If your car has a large cam or other internal mods then the files are sent as "start up tune files" so you can start the car, check it over and drive to your tuner. Also it is very difficult to mail order tune aftermarket mass air flows, they generally cause more problems than they are worth though so we do not recommend them ever.

I hope that helps, thanks for your interest!
DOUG @ ECS is offline  
Old 09-19-2018, 06:57 PM
  #1544  
Mr. Black
CF Senior Member
 
Mr. Black's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Location: South Hill Wa
Posts: 477
Thanked 69 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Cam will likely be a Texas Speed 228R 228/228 600 600 112 or maybe a Torquer V2 232/234 600 600 112. Heads will be 243 sent in to TSP for their basic CNC port job. Mas air will be stock. Nothing else too crazy. If you don't think it will be reasonable to tune I totally understand. My tuner is over 100 miles away and his schedule is horrible so If you guys can just get the car where it's driveable for a while for 150 bucks I think it's worth exploring that avenue.

Last time I put a Torquer V2 cam in a car it was not even remotely driveable out of the box lol.
Mr. Black is offline  
Old 09-19-2018, 07:16 PM
  #1545  
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
DOUG @ ECS's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Posts: 22,667
Thanked 341 Times in 289 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
Cam will likely be a Texas Speed 228R 228/228 600 600 112 or maybe a Torquer V2 232/234 600 600 112. Heads will be 243 sent in to TSP for their basic CNC port job. Mas air will be stock. Nothing else too crazy. If you don't think it will be reasonable to tune I totally understand. My tuner is over 100 miles away and his schedule is horrible so If you guys can just get the car where it's driveable for a while for 150 bucks I think it's worth exploring that avenue.

Last time I put a Torquer V2 cam in a car it was not even remotely driveable out of the box lol.

Not a problem, thanks!
DOUG @ ECS is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DOUG @ ECS For This Useful Post:
Mr. Black (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 07:19 PM
  #1546  
Mr. Black
CF Senior Member
 
Mr. Black's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Location: South Hill Wa
Posts: 477
Thanked 69 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Much appreciated and thanks for the quick responses. Hope to send the PCM that way during the holidays this year.
Mr. Black is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Black For This Useful Post:
DOUG @ ECS (09-21-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 06:54 PM
  #1547  
NAH801
Junior Member
 
Member Since: May 2016
Location: Hill AFB, UT
Posts: 40
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Doug,

I spoke to you on the phone last last week I believe. I sent my ECU out to you all today since I finally got the car back together and running. Can稚 wait to see what you do with the tune!
NAH801 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to NAH801 For This Useful Post:
DOUG @ ECS (10-02-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 02:47 PM
  #1548  
C5 Diag
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!
 
C5 Diag's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2013
Location: Union Beach, NJ
Posts: 1,181
Thanked 134 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS View Post
Not a problem, thanks!
I see you have quite a following here on the forum...your place is in Cream Ridge off 539 ??...I知 not to far away...used to drive by when I worked at McGuire...I think you guys opened up in 2000...I値l have to swing by sometimes to check out your place !!
C5 Diag is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to C5 Diag For This Useful Post:
DOUG @ ECS (10-22-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 04:06 PM
  #1549  
seCen
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2014
Posts: 247
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Are you able to tune for e85?
seCen is offline  
Old 11-01-2018, 12:55 PM
  #1550  
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
DOUG @ ECS's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Posts: 22,667
Thanked 341 Times in 289 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by seCen View Post
Are you able to tune for e85?
In person yes, but not via mail order. Sorry.
DOUG @ ECS is offline  
Old 11-26-2018, 01:54 PM
  #1551  
howie2092
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2017
Location: Arvada CO
Posts: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Just got my PCM back from ECS. They shipped it back the day after it arrived.
My car is a near-stock 1998 Auto coupe that I have owned for a year.
I base-lined the car (new fluids, filters, brakes, tires, belts, hoses). Added Airaid intake, Borla straight pipes, 180F thermostat. Removed air injection pump & plumbing.
Engine always sounded rough like there was a miss or an exhaust leak that I couldn't track down, and it wasn't very fast.

Observations:
After the tune, the car runs smoother, seems effortless to accelerate now.
Can maintain 195F-205F coolant temp in stop/go traffic, hard driving, etc.
Quieter at idle and low RPM's (which is good with straight pipes).
Engine spins more easily. Sounds better, like a healthy LS1 should.
Car feels MUCH faster, pulls harder especially up high.
I can do burnouts now!! (5,500ft altitude, 2.73 rear end, C6 wheels).
There is a radar speed limit sign near my house - stop sign to radar sign was 64mph, now 75mph - no joke.
Shifts are firm and quick, seems to hold gears to a higher RPM.
Car will step a little sideways on WOT 1-2 shift, which it never did before.
It's amazing the difference in performance from my sad-sack well-used $8k Corvette before the tune and after.
Almost forgot, the check-engine light for the Secondary Air Injection is gone.
Money well spent. Thanks ECS.

Last edited by howie2092; 11-26-2018 at 02:07 PM.
howie2092 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to howie2092 For This Useful Post:
DOUG @ ECS (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 03:46 PM
  #1552  
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
DOUG @ ECS's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Posts: 22,667
Thanked 341 Times in 289 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by howie2092 View Post
Just got my PCM back from ECS. They shipped it back the day after it arrived.
My car is a near-stock 1998 Auto coupe that I have owned for a year.
I base-lined the car (new fluids, filters, brakes, tires, belts, hoses). Added Airaid intake, Borla straight pipes, 180F thermostat. Removed air injection pump & plumbing.
Engine always sounded rough like there was a miss or an exhaust leak that I couldn't track down, and it wasn't very fast.

Observations:
After the tune, the car runs smoother, seems effortless to accelerate now.
Can maintain 195F-205F coolant temp in stop/go traffic, hard driving, etc.
Quieter at idle and low RPM's (which is good with straight pipes).
Engine spins more easily. Sounds better, like a healthy LS1 should.
Car feels MUCH faster, pulls harder especially up high.
I can do burnouts now!! (5,500ft altitude, 2.73 rear end, C6 wheels).
There is a radar speed limit sign near my house - stop sign to radar sign was 64mph, now 75mph - no joke.
Shifts are firm and quick, seems to hold gears to a higher RPM.
Car will step a little sideways on WOT 1-2 shift, which it never did before.
It's amazing the difference in performance from my sad-sack well-used $8k Corvette before the tune and after.
Almost forgot, the check-engine light for the Secondary Air Injection is gone.
Money well spent. Thanks ECS.

Love it! You made my day, glad you're so happy with it. Thanks
DOUG @ ECS is offline  
Old 11-26-2018, 11:38 PM
  #1553  
remi_357
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2018
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Doug.

Quick question, I知 installing headers and XPipe in about a week and want a tune that includes deleting the rear o2 sensors. I知 going to leave the secondary air pump untouched for awhile. Would it be ok to go ahead and delete the codes for it but leave the system in tact until a later day? Or do I need to remove it before tuning?
remi_357 is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 07:21 PM
  #1554  
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
DOUG @ ECS's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Posts: 22,667
Thanked 341 Times in 289 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by remi_357 View Post
Doug.

Quick question, I知 installing headers and XPipe in about a week and want a tune that includes deleting the rear o2 sensors. I知 going to leave the secondary air pump untouched for awhile. Would it be ok to go ahead and delete the codes for it but leave the system in tact until a later day? Or do I need to remove it before tuning?
Yes, we could be assuming this is a trailered race car.
DOUG @ ECS is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 02:32 PM
  #1555  
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
DOUG @ ECS's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Posts: 22,667
Thanked 341 Times in 289 Posts
Default

Multiple PCM's arrived today without any paperwork if this is you please call in.

Thanks!
DOUG @ ECS is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ECS Mail order tunes, still only $149!


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: