Notices
C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo

ECS Mail order tunes, still only $149!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:41 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Default ECS Mail order tunes, still only $149!

ECS is extending our mail order tune pricing of $149 permanently! This including return shipping within the US.

This is for stock or bolt on vehicles only, most PCM's returned within one business day, overnight shipping is additional.

Please put a list of Mods along with the PCM in the box, you can simply place a check in there as well, or call the shop with a C.C. number if that is easier for you.

Thanks!

Edited!! due to such an overwhelming response, we will be keeping the special mail order tune pricing as the permanent price!! Thanks everyone for your business, we greatly appreciate it!!

Last edited by DOUG @ ECS; 02-06-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:31 PM
ProjectC5

Is a stall converter and gears still considered bolt-ons?
Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by ProjectC5 View Post
Is a stall converter and gears still considered bolt-ons?

Sure is! Just let me know all the specs.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Srt03
CF Senior Member

I am looking at picking up a used diablo predator for my 03 vette for around $125. What is the benefit of sending you my pcm? Sell me on this. All I have done is a Vararam and axelback exhaust. No more mods at least for another year or so. Getting married in Sept. then buying a home after that.

Thanks!!

Al
Old 06-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Spectre86
CF Senior Member

wow thats a pretty good price!
Old 06-15-2009, 03:13 PM
OutsiderC5
CF Senior Member

I'm new to tuning myself and I'm wondering tuning my PCM. If my car is stock, is there any real reason for doing this? I am about to get an exhaust and intake along with a few other boltons but I know of this one guy who tuned his PCM but his car was stock. Does anyone know if there is any reason to have this done with a stock car?

Last edited by OutsiderC5; 06-15-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:12 PM
I1ABAZO6
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS View Post
ECS is extending our mail order tune pricing of $149 throughout the summer! This including return shipping within the US.

This is for stock or bolt on vehicles only, most PCM's returned within one business day, overnight shipping is additional.

Please put a list of Mods along with the PCM in the box, you can simply place a check in there as well, or call the shop with a C.C. number if that is easier for you.

Thanks!
Doug,
What all do you do for that price? I need my rear O2 sensors turned off, but would like to get a power increase too.. Or would I need to go to a full dyno tune for this? 2000 M6 Vara ram, borla, long tubes, no cats.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 06-18-2009, 04:09 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by Srt03 View Post
I am looking at picking up a used diablo predator for my 03 vette for around $125. What is the benefit of sending you my pcm? Sell me on this. All I have done is a Vararam and axelback exhaust. No more mods at least for another year or so. Getting married in Sept. then buying a home after that.

Thanks!!

Al
Hi Al,
Well I am not much of a salesmen honestly, We do have many record holding builds in every type of performance for Corvettes. This experience has made it possible for me to offer a well rounded tune for our mail order, and car show customers. We literally do hundreds and hundreds of mail order tune for individuals and other shops each year, let alone countless in house tunes, and have been one of the original companies on this forum doing it basically from day one of LSx tuning.

The hand held tuners are not a bad option, and that price is fair, however we feel we simply have more experience in this platform to know exactly what your specific car needs for those specific modifications since we have tuned so many of them. On top of that, we start by looking at your tune from GM, otherwise known as the "operating system", we have found that some operating systems are better then others for performance so if you do not have one of them we start by tuning your PCM, and then your tune. A hand held will not do that to my knowledge.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, and good luck with your wedding plans.

Originally Posted by Spectre86 View Post
wow thats a pretty good price!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by OutsiderC5 View Post
I'm new to tuning myself and I'm wondering tuning my PCM. If my car is stock, is there any real reason for doing this? I am about to get an exhaust and intake along with a few other boltons but I know of this one guy who tuned his PCM but his car was stock. Does anyone know if there is any reason to have this done with a stock car?
There are a fair amount of things in the PCM that pull power from your car. One of the largest gains from a stock car tune is the power you now retain, over how much you gain.

Adding a cold air intake will very often make the car run rich at times and hurt fuel economy if not tuned accordingly.

Originally Posted by I1ABAZO6 View Post
Doug,
What all do you do for that price? I need my rear O2 sensors turned off, but would like to get a power increase too.. Or would I need to go to a full dyno tune for this? 2000 M6 Vara ram, borla, long tubes, no cats.

Thanks,
Dave
A full dyno tune is always the best option hands down, however many people live in areas that do not have that option. We can get the car close to max power, however we leave a margin a safety that is larger then if I have the car in front of me.

Exactly what is done depends on mods, stick or auto, etc. Naturally all codes that need to be turned off for headers etc are shut off, skip shift, the factory shift light can be set if you like-however it is very hard to see in my opinion, torque managements removed, fan temps lowered, power increases, and a handful of other items that would most likely say "huh".

We do not lock the PCM's, and never have, so you can review what has been done, however some things cannot be viewed unless you have the same software as we do.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:38 AM
I1ABAZO6
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS View Post
Hi Al,
Well I am not much of a salesmen honestly, We do have many record holding builds in every type of performance for Corvettes. This experience has made it possible for me to offer a well rounded tune for our mail order, and car show customers. We literally do hundreds and hundreds of mail order tune for individuals and other shops each year, let alone countless in house tunes, and have been one of the original companies on this forum doing it basically from day one of LSx tuning.

The hand held tuners are not a bad option, and that price is fair, however we feel we simply have more experience in this platform to know exactly what your specific car needs for those specific modifications since we have tuned so many of them. On top of that, we start by looking at your tune from GM, otherwise known as the "operating system", we have found that some operating systems are better then others for performance so if you do not have one of them we start by tuning your PCM, and then your tune. A hand held will not do that to my knowledge.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, and good luck with your wedding plans.

Thank you!

There are a fair amount of things in the PCM that pull power from your car. One of the largest gains from a stock car tune is the power you now retain, over how much you gain.

Adding a cold air intake will very often make the car run rich at times and hurt fuel economy if not tuned accordingly.

A full dyno tune is always the best option hands down, however many people live in areas that do not have that option. We can get the car close to max power, however we leave a margin a safety that is larger then if I have the car in front of me.

Exactly what is done depends on mods, stick or auto, etc. Naturally all codes that need to be turned off for headers etc are shut off, skip shift, the factory shift light can be set if you like-however it is very hard to see in my opinion, torque managements removed, fan temps lowered, power increases, and a handful of other items that would most likely say "huh".

We do not lock the PCM's, and never have, so you can review what has been done, however some things cannot be viewed unless you have the same software as we do.
Thank you for explaining everything....

I'll pull my computer this weekend and ship it out Monday..
Old 06-19-2009, 12:58 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by I1ABAZO6 View Post
Thank you for explaining everything....

I'll pull my computer this weekend and ship it out Monday..

Thank you for your business, I will turn it around the same day.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:31 AM
DOUG @ ECS

All PCM's received over the weekend are back in route home, thanks for the business guys.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Fast Cop
CF Senior Member

Doug,

Do you recommend changing the t-stat with your tune. I am getting ready to do a blackwing CAI this weekend and I also have a LG Street series set up (headers, HF cats, x-pipe and upgraded the cat back from stock c5 setup to the Z06 Ti's). My car is a 6 speed.

Thanks

Phil
Old 06-30-2009, 11:27 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by Fast Cop View Post
Doug,

Do you recommend changing the t-stat with your tune. I am getting ready to do a blackwing CAI this weekend and I also have a LG Street series set up (headers, HF cats, x-pipe and upgraded the cat back from stock c5 setup to the Z06 Ti's). My car is a 6 speed.

Thanks

Phil

Yes, 160*. Which will make the car run around 170-180*
Old 07-06-2009, 10:34 AM
DOUG @ ECS

PCM's that arrived Friday and today will be back in shipping this afternoon, thanks guys, enjoy!
Old 07-07-2009, 03:23 AM
81c3
CF Senior Member

I'm just about to remove mine and send it out. I'd like to hear some feedback from some of you who are getting these back. Let us know the difference if any and if youre satisfied.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:23 AM
phils C5 vette
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Hi Doug
Did Chris go to the Michael Jackson Funeral like he planned?

For the guys on the fence, Just pull your PCM and send it to ECS. When i got on this forum in 2002, there used to be two shops on this forum all the time helping the rest of us work through car problems and giving advice.

one was ECS and the other was The Vette Doctors. Hands down, two great shops that know the ins and outs of corvettes. Just trust them because they are proven.

Ive been to ECS for my orginial cam install, and follow ups to fix other guys mistakes on my car.

He's not BSing you. They have done 100's and 100's of tunes in that shop. Them tuning Bolt ons is like you brushing your teeth in the morning. its done all the time. Your going to spend $1000's on basic mods, spend the $149 bucks and get it tuned!

Ive seen guys getting mugged on here on mail order tunes for $300-400.00 bucks. Id have a hard time saying do it for that price, BUT $149 BUCKS IS A NO BRAINER !

Last edited by phils C5 vette; 07-07-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:50 AM
JAMIROBri
CF Senior Member

Do the automatics get different shift points, etc?
Old 07-11-2009, 11:04 PM
81c3
CF Senior Member

Well, I sent mine out to ECS on Friday. It should be there by Monday via USPS priority mail. I cant wait to get it back in and drive my 02 Z.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Rossi396
CF Senior Member

Hey Everyone:

I'd like to vouch for Doug's tunes...! I actually just sent an email to Chris at ECS about my car. I had the chance to drive my friend's H/C '01 C5 recently. Great car and it's fast, but my car actually pulls harder on the bottom end. Part of that is the movement of the torque curve with his cam, but I know a lot of it is this tune as well. My buddy also drove my car and said, "I wouldn't do anything else to this car," as he knew I was thinking of putting in a H/C setup. The car is really that fast. All I've done to date is Kooks LT's, a Vararam and Doug's tune.

Great job, Doug...!

Rossi
Old 07-14-2009, 06:22 AM
98BuickRegalGS
CF Senior Member

Have you sent tunes to people in California? Will my car pass emissions with a 160 degree thermostat and your tune?

All I have is a Vararam intake and B&B shorty headers. I dont intend on adding much more then that. Maybe a Supercharger but thats years away.

Last edited by 98BuickRegalGS; 07-14-2009 at 06:25 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ECS Mail order tunes, still only $149!

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: