C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

LS1 to LS6 swap, what tune

Old 03-27-2010, 04:46 PM
sffish
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 to LS6 swap, what tune

I swapped an LS6 into my '98 C5 coupe. What do I need done to the ECU to make the car run right? Currently the car runs but the the fueling is off. The LS6 motor is a stock motor, nothing done to it. Can I just copy over the LS6 data tables directly into the 98 ECU? Someone told me that the ECU's are different and it's not as straightforward as a copy and I would need to get the car dyno tuned. I live in Washington DC does anyone know of a tuner that can do the flash for me? Thanks.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:26 AM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Call one of the (many) vendors here that offer mail order tuning. They should be able to set you up for much less cost than a dyno tune.

If I was sponsor here I would have already PM'd ya with an offer.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:25 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

take a look at my profile--i did the same thing only added a mild cam--- The LS6 has more compresion than a LS1 and the heads are so much more efficient that you wil need to take some timing out-- I would NOT copy the LS6 tune into your 98 actually the tables aren't the same--
The LS6 has a different cam too---You have to bite the bullet and have it tuned---- not neccesarily a dyno tune---unless you like to show off peak HP #'s but a street driven tune to data log your fuel--spark knock and VE tables--especially if you have an A4---the only things you may want to manually transfer to your 98's ecm would be as a starting point the LS6-- VE tables---desired airflow-- base spark -- comm. open loop table---idle rpm---

Get notified of new replies

To LS1 to LS6 swap, what tune

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS1 to LS6 swap, what tune