C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

JET Dynamic Spectrum Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 04:17 PM
stockpile
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default JET Dynamic Spectrum Tuner

Has anyone tried out this kit?? In addition to tuning my C5, I also have a 1996 Z28 with aftermarket headers and exhaust. It's throwing a P0400 code (EGR malfunction) that I suspect is due to the shorty headers creating insufficient backpressure for the EGR valve to operate properly. I figure I can fix that with this tuner and also tweak the Camaro and my C5 for performance. Just curious if anyone else has any experience with this unit or something similar?

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com...Spectrum-Tuner
Old 03-02-2011, 05:20 PM
0Steve@TunedbyFrost.com
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's Tunercat! It can tune but you have to have a scanning package to go along with it. It doesn't include one. That is one of the HPTuner's or EFI Live advantages.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:46 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

This product has been passed around to different companies for years---None of them have spent the $$ to update it to current levels of HP or EFILIVE--It is archaic and a dinasoar--NO data logger either--JUNK IMHO----( A customer bought one and couldn't figure out how to use it- and called me for tips----Eventually it FRIED his ECM trying to flash a tune into his 1997 truck
Old 03-03-2011, 08:20 PM
0Steve@TunedbyFrost.com
Former Vendor

It hasn't been passed around from different companies... John from TC sold the rights to Jet for DST. If you have a RR you can still get it as TC vs. DST. TC is still under development too... There is a new CAN interface. There is support for up to 2011 trucks including 6-speed autos as well as 2010-2011 Camaros. It has tables that both EFI Live and HPtuner's do not have (they likewise have some things that TC doesn't), supports full binary controller reads (nice!), has the ability to swap segments in older controllers, and more. Unlimited definition files cost much less than EFI Live and HPtuner's. As large as his customer base is, support is always an email away. If you already have one or both of the other suites, their scanners work well with it. While it may not be the best thing out there to LEARN on, it's a lot of bang for the buck for someone who already knows how to tune. $80 for the car def and $80 for the trans controller defs gets you unlimited 2010-2011 Camaro support... compare that to EFI Live or HPT. They have custom OS's that TC doesn't but that license is literally over a grand cheaper... especially over EFILive where you need a stream for the car AND a stream for the trans controller.

Last edited by Steve@TunedbyFrost.com; 03-03-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:43 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

"As large as his customer base is, support is always an email away. "
Large customer base ?? I don't think so--- and the guy I'm speaking of said that their support is horrible and they take up to 2-3 days to get back to you via E-mail only---That sucks--if you are stuck in the middle of a reflash you need to speak to a LIVE person--right THEN---They refused to give out their Phone # too--They have NO descriptions of the tables and for a newbie that makes it really hard to figure out which table to make adjustments on-- And when making corrections either by amount or % or adding/subtracting it is very easy to make a mistake--screen-shot is nothing but numbers and words--
Old 03-09-2011, 12:41 AM
0Steve@TunedbyFrost.com
Former Vendor

To be a thorough tuner, you need to have enough room in your toolbox for more than one tool. It's less beginner-friendly, but it's a powerful tool in the hands of a competent tuner.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:56 AM
iced98lx
Drifting

Originally Posted by Steve@TunedbyFrost.com
To be a thorough tuner, you need to have enough room in your toolbox for more than one tool. It's less beginner-friendly, but it's a powerful tool in the hands of a competent tuner.
Don't bother- the dude has "Tuned hundreds of cars" and firmly believes he has the answer to every question. Usually the answer is hidden in cryptic terrible internet grammar. He's picked fights with everyone from Greg Banish to Phil Hoefler.

I'll save my further insults and just say anyone who pays him to work on their car is silly.

Good to see you as a supporting vendor on here, I have read tons of your posts on HP Tuners forums.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:34 PM
pcmcalibrators
6th Gear

I will give all the support that I can for free to TC and DST users. I can also add parameters
Just ask
Old 03-23-2011, 01:41 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

don't waste your money....

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-23-2011, 09:37 AM
pcmcalibrators
6th Gear

They also have SD supported for custom SD OS's
Old 04-21-2011, 02:35 PM
stockpile
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I decided to scrap the idea of doing this myself after reading the feedback here and am going with Solomon (http://www.lt1pcmtuning.com). I also have a 96 Camaro Z28 that needs tuned / EGR delete, and he gave a package deal getting my C5 tuned as well. He's going to mail the software and cables to me so that I can send him my PCM files and he can tweak and re-tweak both cars as needed. I've read a lot of good things about him over on the Camaro forums, anyone here worked with him before? I like the idea of him loaning the equipment to me. That way, I can give him feedback and he can retweak as needed. Also, I see this as a great way to learn about tuning. I'll actually have all the equipment, but will simply be acting as "the money doing what I'm told" by the expert. All I have to do is make sure my laptop battery doesn't run out of juice in the middle of this.

Get notified of new replies

To JET Dynamic Spectrum Tuner

Quick Reply: JET Dynamic Spectrum Tuner