C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Car bogging like hell off the line

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car bogging like hell off the line

Hello, I've had this gigantic problem with my car for the last 5 months now and nothing that I've tried has come close to fixing it. When I go to the drag strip the car won't launch for ****. It'll cut fuel(or an incredibly lean spike I don't have a WB) and it consistently pulls a 2.0x 60.' It was pulling 1.5x 60's in February and all of a sudden it just stopped launching with no changes to the vehicle. It does the same exact thing on the motor and on the nitrous.

One observation I've made is that it only does it on my drag wheels. They're a set of 17" wagon wheels with no TPMS with 275/40 MTs. On my 275/40/18 street tires the car doesn't cut any fuel off at all. I was reading that Active Handling will stay enabled even when you turn it off if there is some kind of TPMS error. I don't know if that's true or not but I've exhausted all other options.

Things I've done/checked/observed in an attempt to fix the problem:
-There is no burst knock, knock, or any timing pulled
-Traction control On/Off it doesn't matter it does the same thing every time
-Torque management, abuse, and every traction control parameter that I can access via HPTuners is turned off
-All the air/fuel parameters are stock, it did this before and after the headers
-As mentioned earlier it launches fine on the street tires

I've attached 2 logs and my tune to my thread over on LS1Tech. I don't know how to attach stuff here so I'll just link that thread.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-di...-off-line.html
Old 07-26-2011, 05:17 PM
SLVRCPE
Racer

All I have to add is that when the DIC in my car shows blank tire pressure it will not do a burnout with traction controll disabled. For example if I turn the car off multiple times before my run and dont roll far enought for TPMS to register before the burnout box it acts like T/C is enabled even if it is turned off.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SLVRCPE
All I have to add is that when the DIC in my car shows blank tire pressure it will not do a burnout with traction controll disabled. For example if I turn the car off multiple times before my run and dont roll far enought for TPMS to register before the burnout box it acts like T/C is enabled even if it is turned off.
That's actually very interesting. I was reading about some people running the tire pressure monitors outside of the wheels just laying in the trunk. I'm starting to think I might just have to do that.

These cars have some of the stupidest ideas/problems known to man. Whoever invented any driving aid besides ABS should be shot.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:02 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

What gear ratio do you have ??? Sounds like you don't have enough bottom end umph to break the drag radials loose to get your engine into the power band-Better traction is great--but can make your car lazy if you don't have enough power to get thru the low RPM bog **** I see that you have a 3600 stall--WOW that should make it nasty on the bottom end--Try this---with your TC button OFF try to power brake it and see where the RPM's flair up to just before breaking the tires loose or just to where you can hold it with the brakes on----THEN turn the TC OFF and see if anything changes-- See if you can hear or feel any sort of engine holding back or removal of TQ. or timing ( could be some sort of power mgmt going on)---report back on we'll go from there--

Last edited by tblu92; 07-28-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:58 AM
Quick Shot xMLx
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tblu92
What gear ratio do you have ??? Sounds like you don't have enough bottom end umph to break the drag radials loose to get your engine into the power band-Better traction is great--but can make your car lazy if you don't have enough power to get thru the low RPM bog **** I see that you have a 3600 stall--WOW that should make it nasty on the bottom end--Try this---with your TC button OFF try to power brake it and see where the RPM's flair up to just before breaking the tires loose or just to where you can hold it with the brakes on----THEN turn the TC OFF and see if anything changes-- See if you can hear or feel any sort of engine holding back or removal of TQ. or timing ( could be some sort of power mgmt going on)---report back on we'll go from there--
3.15s and the car used to pull hard as **** off the line and then all of a sudden it takes a **** on itself and pulls fuel at WOT which results in a helacious bog.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:13 AM
mchicia1
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SLVRCPE
I am not running TPMS and I can light em up from a stop no problem with T/C off.

Get notified of new replies

To Car bogging like hell off the line

Quick Reply: Car bogging like hell off the line