C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

DiabloSport inTune FAQS

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Russodiablosport
Supporting Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DiabloSport inTune FAQS

Hey all, I wanted to drop in and give everyone some information on an awesome product for your corvettes. Not only does the inTune have pre-loaded tunes, but can also be mail order tuned. Anybody who has tried one post up here and let us know what you think. If you have not tried one, but you're wondering why you would use ours instead of another brand, ask any questions you may have and I'll answer them as best as I can. Corvette Carlisle is coming up and East Coast Supercharging will be out there in force doing custom tunes for the inTune and Trinity devices. Make sure to stop by and see them at the event for more information on how it works, and to get yourself a custom tune!

Here's some information on the new inTune that I think will help you see what this product is about!

inTune for 05-13 Corvettes
inTune for 99-04 Corvettes

Features:
  • $389 Price
  • Color Touch Screen
  • 1 Unit supports 99-13 Corvettes (unlimited ability to change from one vehicle to another when reloading original tune, NOT limited to 5 swaps)
  • USB Connectivity (Older Predator required additional cable, inTune does not)
  • Drag and Drop tune interface (no additional software downloads to interface with PC)
  • Mac compatible
  • 2 Analog inputs for Data Logging Sensors
  • On Screen Data Viewing and PC Data Logging Software (DATA Viewer)

Supported Applications:
  • 99-13 Corvette C5/C6
  • 01-13 Z06

Available Tunes:
  • 93 Octane Performance Tune
  • 91 Octane Performance Tune
  • Modified Stock Tune
  • Custom Tunes Supported for all applications

I've seen a lot of misconception on DiabloSport products in different threads here and I wanted to dispell some of those to give people an idea what exactly DiabloSport products have to offer on Corvettes. Here's some things i see all the time that I thought I would shed some light on:

I heard DiabloSport doesn’t have tunes for my transmission on the inTune
False, we added TCM Tunes to the inTune months ago! The inTune comes pre-loaded with TCM settings for your Corvette for shift points and firmness.

DiabloSport doesn't let me get custom tunes from the shop I bought it from
Most of the dealers out there tuning other brands also have DiabloSport's CMR Tuning software which lets them make custom tunes for any bolt-on you could put on the car. Very similar to other brands. We can load over 5 custom tunes on to a device, and the same loyalty tune you're getting from your dealer can be put on an inTune. Companies like East Coast Superchargers and Diablewtune do a great job on making mail order tunes for the unit!!!

DiabloSports Tuners don't do what other brands do
Actually we do, and in a lot of cases we do more. For basic users, everything is pre-loaded with no need to custom tune. If you have a stock car and you want a great easy to install power adder, the inTune is awesome. If you've got a modified car and you need tunes for CAI/Headers/Exhaust etc... You can get custom tunes. Our programmers also offer a huge amount of adjustable parameters that will allow the educated user to make adjustments to their tune themselves. We actually offer more end user options than another brand you may know of.

You can't tune as well with DiabloSport's CMR as you can with another brand
Actually you can. Any tuner that knows what they are working on will tell you that the software they use to make the tunes is just a tool to get the job done- how good the tune you get is all depends on the tuner making the tune, not which brand they use to install the tune on your car.

Brand X Is just better
Any body who thinks this I would love to see your honest opinion as to why this is. DiabloSport has been tuning Corvettes since 2000 and we have a long history with this car, and a passion for it. I'd love to see your specific reason that another brand is better, and I'll address it, or if it's something we can work on at DiabloSport, we'll make some changes to get you what you need!

Thanks for reading, if there's anything that you would like to see DiabloSport do that your current programmers don't offer, post up here and we'll take a real close look at what you're asking for. We have a commitment to Corvette enthusiasts and want to make the best product we can that suits your needs.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:43 PM
kh400
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I'd like to see more online tutorials on how to use the predator and your new one for achieve a custom tune for your vehicle. I"ve got the predator with the provided tune from the company downloaded in my vehicle but would very much like to learn how to adjust the fuel trim and spark advance etc. I just don't see that much information on line. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I sure would like to learn to use the device to the max with all its' capabilities.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by kh400
I'd like to see more online tutorials on how to use the predator and your new one for achieve a custom tune for your vehicle. I"ve got the predator with the provided tune from the company downloaded in my vehicle but would very much like to learn how to adjust the fuel trim and spark advance etc. I just don't see that much information on line. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I sure would like to learn to use the device to the max with all its' capabilities.
Start here my friend:

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...iewtopic&t=917

Enjoy!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:45 PM
big454blockchevy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
Thank you very much for that link!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:30 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

you're welcome...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-22-2012, 09:08 PM
big454blockchevy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey what happened to the link?
Old 08-23-2012, 04:58 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

new website and forums were launched yesterday... all links have changed now...

here's that link: http://diablosport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=917

for other info/links that were previously posted, please visit the site/forums and go from there...
Old 12-08-2017, 05:54 PM
shetan
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know what the canned intune i3 tunes do for the 2001 ZO6?

Get notified of new replies

To DiabloSport inTune FAQS

Quick Reply: DiabloSport inTune FAQS