C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

What is the process of tuning with a Diablo Sport Tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Schuby_racer
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the process of tuning with a Diablo Sport Tuner?

I just bought my first Vette (2001 coup) this last February. The dealer actually included with the car a Diablo Sport tuner that the last owner had. My car has an axle back corsa exhaust and a CAI. I was wondering the process of tuning the car with the diablo, what to do and more importantly what NOT to do. Is it possible to set up a respectable tune using this tuner w/out using a Dino? I know there are a ton of opinions that generally amount that the diablo isn't the best one, but it's what I have to work with. I've looked through it a little, read the manual, so everything is perfectly clear as mud. I used to be a service tech, so I know my way around a car, but this is my first steps into building power and don't want to screw anything up that can't b fixed by hitting the back button. I'm sure there have been a lot of threads covering this, but I'm having a hard time finding that actually talk about physically tuning for a c5. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:33 PM
onlyavette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the Diablosports web site. They have a few different models and they are all very useful tools. You can learn a lot there and you can learn how to do your own tuning. You can data log with any of their tools and dial everything in to the nth degree. There are downloads available from them that will help you do what you need to do. The more you know about the tool you have the more you will get out of it. You have several options.

I do not work for Diablosport but I do own an inTune 1000. I used the canned 93 octane tune that came in it and ran in the high 12's. (I have an 04 cpe a4 with the 3:15 gears). I spent the money to put it on the dyno and they made a couple of minor adjustments. It still runs in the high 12's.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Schuby_racer
Heel & Toe

Thank you, onlyavette. I'll look into it. I just don't want to put to much spark into it or too lean or rich. I'll check out the site and just sick up my fears and start poking around. I noticed today that there is also a granelli motorsports MAF sensor, so Idk what all has been done. Could even have a colder thermostat, Idk. Will have to start watching the steam and data logging.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:31 AM
onlyavette
Pro

It may already have a custom tune in it for your mods. Look at the tunes that are in loaded in the tuner and see if one is a "custom".
Old 06-04-2014, 06:18 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

I can definitely get you hooked up with a custom tune for your car and the diablo tool...no problem...

www.diablewtune.com

Which diablo programmer is it, the inTune, Trinity, or Predator??

and you'll want to get rid of that crapatelli MAF sensor! get the stock GM maf sensor that's meant for that car, asap...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 06-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Schuby_racer
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
I can definitely get you hooked up with a custom tune for your car and the diablo tool...no problem...

www.diablewtune.com

and you'll want to get rid of that crapatelli MAF sensor! get the stock GM maf sensor that's meant for that car, asap...
It's the predator. I don't have a computer cable for it right now.

I take it the granetelli isn't very good? Not experienced with them much at all.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:11 AM
onlyavette
Pro

Originally Posted by Schuby_racer
It's the predator. I don't have a computer cable for it right now.

I take it the granetelli isn't very good? Not experienced with them much at all.
Contact Lew. He is very good and he will help you get the most out of your tuner. There are a lot of people that will say it doesn't do much but that isn't so. I think they mean well but they haven't taken the time to learn about it.
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...iablewtune.com
Old 06-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Schuby_racer
Heel & Toe

Thanks. I will definitely keep this in mind. Might wait until I get headers ( maybe tax season... Maybe) before I get the diablew tune, but I'm definitely interested. What Are some good bolt ons other than headers & cai. I'm really not looking at replacing the cam or heads at this point. I've heard you can pick up a few ponies porting and polishing the throttle body, and I've been toying with the idea of getting bigger rockers and valve springs.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:05 PM
Schuby_racer
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS

www.diablewtune.com

Factory sensor will be fine? What about removing the screen, good idea or a waste of time?
Old 06-09-2014, 06:36 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

do NOT remove the screen.. it's there for a purpose, to keep the airlow straight across the sensor to get a true accurate reading of the amount of airflow.. removing it does nothing positive for you... keep the stock MAF sensor, with the screen in it...

Get notified of new replies

To What is the process of tuning with a Diablo Sport Tuner?

Quick Reply: What is the process of tuning with a Diablo Sport Tuner?