C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

AEM 30-4900 WB HPTuners Working Configuration

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 01:28 AM
jmxp69
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AEM 30-4900 WB HPTuners Working Configuration

Spent quite a bit of time trying to figure this out, so I thought I'd post a working config for anybody else trying to get this setup working.

The standard AEM PID for WB did not work with this particular sensor/gauge combo, so you'll need to make a custom PID.

AEM Instructions for the 30-4900 show the transfer function. Unfortunately this doesn't work, and the graph doesn't show the required Low and High voltages required for the HPTuners EIO connection. For that we have to interoplate.

I figured out the difference between AFR at each voltage step in the chart by subtracting the higher AFR from the lower yielding 1.19 incremental AFR per 0.5v. Using this info, we can interpolate the 0v and 5v values required by HPTuners.

AFR@MinV = 7.31
AFR@MaxV = 19.19
MaxV = 5v (from the instructions and checked with my multi-meter)

Using HPTuners EIO formula: AFR@MaxV / (AFR@MaxV - AFR@MinV) + AFR@MinV we get:

5/(19.2 - 7.31) = .4205 + 7.31.

Now use .4205 and + 7.31 to create your custom PID. Open the HPTuners Table, go to the bottom EIO Input 1, Click Insert -> User Defined -> Configure User Defined and make the following entries:

To start logging, connect the White wire to the #1 PIN (top of the green EIO port with the device standing straight up) and IMPORTANT Connect the BROWN wire to the #5 EIO port. This is the ground. Without it, your AFR analog voltage will stay pegged at 5+v.

Hope this save someone some time.

Last edited by jmxp69; 08-26-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Quick Reply: AEM 30-4900 WB HPTuners Working Configuration