C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Seems HPT is trying to pass the buck. Stock tune will not run in SD enhanced. VATS

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 10:58 AM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Seems HPT is trying to pass the buck. Stock tune will not run in SD enhanced. VATS

I had an issue where I attempt to convert a 100% stock tune (Which runs the car fine) to SD enhanced (RTT). It will not start unless VATS is disabled in this custom OS tune. Literally all i do is go into the SD tune that won't start, flip VATS off and it runs perfect. Clearly an issue w/ VATS. This is a 100% stock tune which runs fine in non enhanced AND in SD enhanced when VATS is disabled. Advised them the Inj. pulse width clearly shows VATS is the likely culprit and disabling VATS proves that theory. Their response is that they don't provide tuning assistance and that since they have 10k customers who use it they can wash their hands of the issue. They also advised me to come here for tuning help which isn't what I'm looking or asking for in the least. I just want to know why I have to disable VATS to get this custom OS to run. So with that said, does anyone have any recommendations on how I can proceed aside from disabling VATS to use SD ehanced?

Their response (How this cannot be a VATS issue is beyond me?):

this appears to be a tuning issue and not related to vats as tens of thousands of customers have used this SD custom operating systems without issue through the years.
And it gets better (Let me reiterate this is a 100% stock tune converted to 1bar SD enhanced which starts fine when I just turn off VATS).

vats likely bypasses alot of the issues in the tune, but its 100% a tuning issue from what we can tell.
Does anyone know anything that VATS would bypass on my 100% stock base tune? This is all news to me.

SD 1BAR enhanced
VATS off-start/run
VATS on-no start, no injector pulse width

**UPDATE** I ended up having to do a VATS relearn. Why HPT would not know this and blame my tune is beyond me when it's a stock tune. Being in the IT industry I'm not too surprised though as every vendor will blame whatever it is that they don't have any part of
Dave

Last edited by T_Vert; 09-22-2020 at 12:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Seems HPT is trying to pass the buck. Stock tune will not run in SD enhanced. VATS