C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Help with tune in Orlando, fl area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Josephta
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help with tune in Orlando, fl area?

I have a 98 coupe with 114kmi that I have just installed a CAI into. This is my daily driver so unfortunately I can't send out my pcm for a tune. The engine runs a little hot in traffic and I've read that a tune can adjust the fan(s) on time to remedy this. Also due to the cai I'm running a little rich as my mpg has decreased since the install. I'm just looking for an inexpensive basic tune to waken this car up and keep it running cooler. Anyone in the Orlando, fl area (I'm in Davenport) that can help me would be much appreciated.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:30 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Josephta
I have a 98 coupe with 114kmi that I have just installed a CAI into. This is my daily driver so unfortunately I can't send out my pcm for a tune. The engine runs a little hot in traffic and I've read that a tune can adjust the fan(s) on time to remedy this. Also due to the cai I'm running a little rich as my mpg has decreased since the install. I'm just looking for an inexpensive basic tune to waken this car up and keep it running cooler. Anyone in the Orlando, fl area (I'm in Davenport) that can help me would be much appreciated.
well to start with at 114,000 miles you may want to look at some other things like cleaning out your radiator....look for any debris like plastic bags etc...use an airhose and blow the radiator fins out...not real high pressure don't do any damage....a dryer vent brush gently run down there between the condenser and radiator will help too... rinse them with a hose

as far as a simple tune you have some options like Next Level Performance over that way....a CAI really doesn't require a tune...fan adjustments can be done by anyone with HP tuners....another thing to consider is your fans may not be operating as well as the y used too....also there are supposed to be pieces of foam around the radiator and shroud that may be missing

IOW lots of reasons and solutions to running hot

Good luck
The following users liked this post:
Josephta (05-10-2017)
Old 05-09-2017, 05:55 PM
Josephta
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter99
well to start with at 114,000 miles you may want to look at some other things like cleaning out your radiator....look for any debris like plastic bags etc...use an airhose and blow the radiator fins out...not real high pressure don't do any damage....a dryer vent brush gently run down there between the condenser and radiator will help too... rinse them with a hose

as far as a simple tune you have some options like Next Level Performance over that way....a CAI really doesn't require a tune...fan adjustments can be done by anyone with HP tuners....another thing to consider is your fans may not be operating as well as the y used too....also there are supposed to be pieces of foam around the radiator and shroud that may be missing

IOW lots of reasons and solutions to running hot

Good luck
Thanks for the info, I found green antifreeze in my system. I'm guessing it's not dexcool which I believe is Orange. Could this be the reason for my high temps? After running the car at idle then at 2k for about a min or so, the antifreeze in my overflow was boiling! I'm going to have to empty and flush the system and refill with Dexcool. Do I still use a 50/50 mix of Dexcool and distilled water? Do I need to change my thermostat?

Thanks for any info!

Get notified of new replies

To Help with tune in Orlando, fl area?

Quick Reply: Help with tune in Orlando, fl area?