C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

P0332 again...grrrr...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 09:46 AM
jerkyboy
Melting Slicks

Received 185 Likes on 84 Posts

Default P0332 again...grrrr...

So my LS-7 conversion keeps tripping this code but I hear no noticeable knock. Whatever it hears, it sometimes throws a CEL but I can always feel the timing being pulled. Come home, clear the code, disconnect the battery for a few hours and it runs good again...for awhile. I had to use the old style puck KS's and I'm wondering if they are too sensitive. Can that be possible? Can I desensitize them with the help of a tuner? I'm pretty confident there is no real knock. Any thoughts?
Old 06-05-2017, 08:09 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

YES any tuner with HP or EFILIVE can desensitize your KNOCK sensors--- Typically when a KS fails it will ping like crazy and as well will remove lots of timing
If you hear NO PINGING but are getting this code plus timing is being removed chances are the are picking up some strange noises that the sensors interpret as knock--"fajse knock"------
Also the timing can be removed from high IAT and ECT temperatures--Most all tuners will also desensitize both the IAT timing deduct table and the ECT timing deduct table
Especially the IAT sensor--where you can get false readings up to 135* because the IAT will get heat soaked and read higher than incoming air temps----Not uncommon for the IAT to remove 6-8* of timing with a false reading of 130*-----
The following users liked this post:
jerkyboy (06-09-2017)

Quick Reply: P0332 again...grrrr...