C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Diablo I2 and more options

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 08:39 AM
Mr1dfl
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Diablo I2 and more options

I purchased a Diablo I2 tuner for my completely stock 99 A4 C5 about a year ago. I have now added a couple on smaller mods (CAI & exhaust)that I believed you could program in using the Diablo. I have been useing the canned easy tune 93 octane but don't see any option to change any parameters. I tried accessing the advanced option but nothing was available. Do I neeed to load the standard tune instead of the 93 tune to have access to options directory? I also want to try changing how it shifts as well.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:40 AM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 322 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr1dfl
I purchased a Diablo I2 tuner for my completely stock 99 A4 C5 about a year ago. I have now added a couple on smaller mods (CAI & exhaust)that I believed you could program in using the Diablo. I have been useing the canned easy tune 93 octane but don't see any option to change any parameters. I tried accessing the advanced option but nothing was available. Do I neeed to load the standard tune instead of the 93 tune to have access to options directory? I also want to try changing how it shifts as well.
You would need CMR tuning software in order to "tune" your car.
It's very difficult to use and costs about $2500.......
FWIW, a tune would be written then uploaded to your Intune then loaded into your car.

Usually they have a 93 octane CAI tune. At least they do for the Dodges

Or find a CMR tuner dude.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:49 AM
pjdbm
Drifting

Received 291 Likes on 228 Posts

you can adjust thermostat, shift firmness and spark and fuel in that tune.

Need to go into advance, before you do anything, make sure it is at the latest firmware.

Remember, your battery needs to be charged fully before you start, also, at the finish of your tweaked tune, you may need to pull the negative battery cable off for 15 seconds and reconnect.

dont ask, something funky with some 1999 models (dont ask how I know lol)

Last edited by pjdbm; 06-20-2017 at 12:50 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Diablo I2 and more options

Quick Reply: Diablo I2 and more options