C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

C5 Dash readout display lit but "stuck" on service messages

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 02:36 PM
tonydicosta
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 Dash readout display lit but "stuck" on service messages

Hi Members,
Any suggestions on this? My stock 2002 C5 was showing a few service messages in the odometer area (the common "Service ABS/Traction/Active Handling"), I am not worried about that right now, will deal with later, but I used to be able to dismiss each of the service messages by pressing the dash panel "Reset" button to get back to the odometer reading. As I use the car a bit for work I need the odometer mileage but now pressing the Reset button has no effect and the service warnings continue to appear in an unending sequence, never showing the odometer. Upon start-up, the usual "Corvette" text scrolls in but then that area goes right into showing the service messages one after the other. Again, no effect pressing reset button.

I disconnected (actually I replaced) the battery (it was failing, anyway) hoping to cause a computer reboot but nothing changed. Funny thing is, even the radio did not lose its stations(!).

What's next? Reset ECU, PCM? Any suggestions I should try?

Thank you, members,
Tony
Old 06-29-2017, 12:36 PM
OUTLAW 7777
6th Gear

I'm having same issue
Old 06-29-2017, 05:13 PM
tonydicosta
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by OUTLAW 7777
I'm having same issue
Not getting any suggestions on this post. Looks like we have a difficult problem, Brother.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Dash readout display lit but "stuck" on service messages

Quick Reply: C5 Dash readout display lit but "stuck" on service messages