C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

active handling tune out

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 11:14 AM
DIABL0
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Default active handling tune out

i have spent thousands in "good parts" for my active handling and they all dont work. Is there a way i can just tune out the "active handling warming up" message from the display so i dont see it anymore. Im done trying to fix it i just want it gone.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:12 PM
DIABL0
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

nada?
Old 08-26-2017, 10:49 PM
jackjohnson_218
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by DIABL0
i have spent thousands in "good parts" for my active handling and they all dont work. Is there a way i can just tune out the "active handling warming up" message from the display so i dont see it anymore. Im done trying to fix it i just want it gone.
I have a possible solution I may try one day if my active handling ever acted up. I'll copy and paste it below. It's from an old post.

I had a theory a month ago after watching the way the f45/f55 Real Time Dampening was programmed out. RTD could only be effectively removed by a combination of deleting the feature with tech ii and unplugging connections to the ESC module, and as soon as you replug those connections, RTD would show up again with all the RTD Dic codes.

Since it looks like Active Handling can be unselected or uninstalled with tech ii, my curiosity is this. What if you delete the Active Handling RPO JL4 and disconnect the appropriate electrical connectors leading into the ebcm and never plug those in ever again.

I'm just a bean counter with no experience in electronics so I could be completely talking nonsense but it may be worth a try. Maybe someone with access to tech ii and some spare time could try it out.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:50 PM
ChrisLSx
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Did anyone ever give this a test?
Old 10-25-2017, 02:49 PM
SoAlVette
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001CamaroGuy
Did anyone ever give this a test?
I think the issue would be what is the cause of the active handling problem. If it is the SWPS causing the code, tuning out the active handling RPO is not going to solve the issue. I could be wrong, but I believe there are several things that are connected to the active handling that cannot be tuned out.

Last edited by SoAlVette; 10-25-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To active handling tune out

Quick Reply: active handling tune out