C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Hypertech scan and tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 12:50 PM
Josephta
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hypertech scan and tune

Has anyone here used a Hypertech scanner/tuner for their 98-99 Vett? I just bought one off Ebay which is supposedly for my 98 but I want to make sure I'm not going to screw anything up by using it. Thanks for any info.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:43 AM
sirdano
Drifting

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Josephta
Has anyone here used a Hypertech scanner/tuner for their 98-99 Vett? I just bought one off Ebay which is supposedly for my 98 but I want to make sure I'm not going to screw anything up by using it. Thanks for any info.
I did for my 98.
I set the fans to come on at 200. Shift firmness 75%. Also changed shift points and installed their tune. Also try and update it before you start.

I think I set the shift points up like in this thread

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-question.html
Old 10-01-2017, 01:13 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Handheld tuners are entry level attempts at tuning---and only best suited for bone stock engines--If your car has any major mods---even just a cat back exh and a CAI--you are wasting your money----ALSO If it is an older Hypertech model they are programmed to use 93 oct fuel and if you live in a state that only has 91 fuel then your car will ping like crazy on the high setting -leaving you only with the low performance setting where you may only gain 5-7 RWHP-----
A handheld tuner typically changes only 8-10 tables in your tune--It has over 750 tables !!! A real tuner who uses HP or EFILIVE will adjust up to 100 tables on any tune--Way more intense and precise
Old 10-01-2017, 02:12 AM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

also thre is no way no firm up wot shifts, as far as i know, on this car. you can program stupidly harsh shift at part throttle, but the max. line pressure cant be increased.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:29 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Increasing the line pressure on a computer controlled GM trans is NOT the way to firm up the shifts---At WOT the line pressure is maxed out at 90 PSI and any pressure above that is bypassed----At P/T the pressure increases by engine TQ from 0 PSI
You can firm up the shifts both at P/T and separately at WOT by :
Lowering the "shift times" on each shift---Stock at P/T is about .50 seconds and at WOT like .30 ---Tuners often will set them to be like .30 at P/T and .20 at WOT
2nd Deleting ALL the TQ management in every gear will also help shift delays
3rd The other best way to firm up shifts is with the " Force Motor Current table" This table dictates how QUICK the solenoids snap at a shift---Subtracting like 15% to the entire table both P/T pressures and WOT pressures is a good starting point
I never mess with line pressure---Especially if you have a stall converter---as with a stall it is a must to leave the line pressure stock or you will have problems
This is what I was taught at EFILIVE training and I tune all trannys this way and have NEVER had any issues --only firm crisp shifts !!!

Get notified of new replies

To Hypertech scan and tune

Quick Reply: Hypertech scan and tune