C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Holley vs haltech

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 11:42 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Holley vs haltech

Might go with an aftermarket ecu this winter. Lots of guys love Holley and lots of guys love haltech. Any pro or come to either? I'm very interested in the traction control since I'll be making over 700 and maybe more in the future. There are other features too like flex is very important to me. What else should I look for? Will both work with my c5 gauges with out issue?
Old 10-02-2017, 07:04 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Podium
Might go with an aftermarket ecu this winter. Lots of guys love Holley and lots of guys love haltech. Any pro or come to either? I'm very interested in the traction control since I'll be making over 700 and maybe more in the future. There are other features too like flex is very important to me. What else should I look for? Will both work with my c5 gauges with out issue?
in short the holley has more widespread support and you can also control the auto tranny
]
both involve "splicing in" to the factory wiring to install and are not plug and play unless holley has something new for the c5

you can keep your stock gauges and code out the error messages so I think to do this right you might need hp tuners to turn off the ecm messages not "seeing" functions like spark and fuel

both have e85 flex fuel which I highly recommend

I have a Haltech s2000 and chose it for the experince of the ECS team at the drag strip with their 2200 paxton blower cars which run great

both systems have very advanced functions

I went with both dual wideband o2 and 8 channel egt

I'm going with a dual fuel approach having 127 lb injectors, and direct port alchy injection by using a driver amp box and a channel from the haltech to control the alchy system.

by watching the egts you can set an "overtemp" threshold and dump spark boost or both to save the engine

much more reliable than o2 which can't "see" one bad injector

for traction control you can do boost by speed, or gear, and also have active traction control

the newer Haltech 2500 and 3500 have that, holley as well.

the "big boys" use Pro EFI which seems to be more expensive, but many tuners favor that ecm

I'm also interested to see if anyone has done a MegaSquirt Pro MS3 or similar as installation and capabilities are similar but the megasquirt stuff is more "open source" and also cheaper

on that note, I saw a Haltech elite 2500 box with wiring super cheap on ebay

it supports drive by wire throttle body and the advanced stuff (less channels) but is cheaper than the 3500 by quite a bit

hope this helps.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:57 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Helps very much thank you! I'm leaning towards th Holley as it has every thing I want and it's hard to beat the support. Flex fuel and traction control are what I have my eye on
Old 10-06-2017, 06:08 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Helps very much thank you! I'm leaning towards th Holley as it has every thing I want and it's hard to beat the support. Flex fuel and traction control are what I have my eye on
so with traction control there are some interesting strategies

you can ramp up with "boost by speed" or by gear and also do active traction control without the gm low torq limits

by combining the two and logging, you can really bring on the power up top without blowing the tires off

it's easy to overwhelm the available traction and spinning ain't winning
Old 10-06-2017, 03:13 PM
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts

Hello Sir........have you consider looking at Fuel Tech....it is light years ahead of the Holly and Haltech and the customer support is amazing....they have a plug and play LS harness and the displays are the computers, very compact and powerful....contact us if you have any questions
Old 10-06-2017, 04:02 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
so with traction control there are some interesting strategies

you can ramp up with "boost by speed" or by gear and also do active traction control without the gm low torq limits

by combining the two and logging, you can really bring on the power up top without blowing the tires off

it's easy to overwhelm the available traction and spinning ain't winning

That would be the ideal plan. I hope to make stupid power someday and would really like to dial in traction control.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:49 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Any recommend a vendor to me for the Holley dominator EFI? One that knows everything Ill need to put in my c5?
Old 10-08-2017, 09:11 AM
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor

Any recommend a vendor to me for the Holley dominator EFI? One that knows everything Ill need to put in my c5?
We are direct with Holley and have done several Holley, Haltech blah blah systems lol.......just send DynoSteve an Email and he will gladley set you up with what you need and nothing you dont. He should be available today to chat.

dynosteve@rdpmotorsport.com
Old 10-08-2017, 08:16 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Haltech looks good too. I mostly want the traction control and flex fuel. Holley cost more to have traction control while it comes with the Haltech. Its very expensive to add to the holley
Old 10-09-2017, 10:23 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by RDP Store
Hello Sir........have you consider looking at Fuel Tech....it is light years ahead of the Holly and Haltech and the customer support is amazing....they have a plug and play LS harness and the displays are the computers, very compact and powerful....contact us if you have any questions

I have not looked into the Fuel Tech prior to your post, the price seems nice though. Can you elaborate a little on what makes it light years ahead of Haltech?

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2017, 10:58 AM
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
I have not looked into the Fuel Tech prior to your post, the price seems nice though. Can you elaborate a little on what makes it light years ahead of Haltech?

Thanks!
Hey Doug

Feel free to give me a call sir and i can run over everything with you, also the fastest corvette on the stadnding mile and 1/2 mile both run fueltech and the fastest drag car on the planet as well, we run them in both of our drag cars with amazing success
The following users liked this post:
DOUG @ ECS (10-09-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 11:02 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by RDP Store
Hey Doug

Feel free to give me a call sir and i can run over everything with you, also the fastest corvette on the stadnding mile and 1/2 mile both run fueltech and the fastest drag car on the planet as well, we run them in both of our drag cars with amazing success

I'll take you up on that when I get a minute, thanks.
The following users liked this post:
RDP Store (10-09-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 11:03 AM
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
I'll take you up on that when I get a minute, thanks.
Your most welcome kind sir and we can chat about superchargers as the same time, you can get me directly on 440 251 8571
Old 10-10-2017, 03:25 AM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

why take this off the forum?
Old 10-10-2017, 04:34 AM
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by romandian
why take this off the forum?
because it will be a massive conversation
Old 10-13-2017, 09:12 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

I saw some info on this system at the MIR drags and hope to see you guys in early november again

intersted in the details, looks like 2 step and launch control and a few nice things added in, but I'm not clear on all the benefits.

post them up!
Old 06-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Ended up going with the haltech elite 2500 through blueblownz. I will make a thread detailing install and how it differentiates from the stock pcm.

Get notified of new replies

To Holley vs haltech

Quick Reply: Holley vs haltech