C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

99 LS1 lost to a stock Buick lacrosse

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 12:02 PM
GS963
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 LS1 lost to a stock Buick lacrosse

Just bought a 99 Ls1 corvette. has 113k on it. Seems stock other than headers and full exhaust along with air intake. This is my first LS1. I have had LS2s and 3s and also LS6 and & 7s. I expected performance to be down but Damn this car is SLOOOOOW. My wifes v-6 buick is faster! The car has no codes and idles smooth as a kitten. Gets awesome gas mileage also. But has no power to speak of. Car has a flat spot at 1/4 to half throttle sometimes. Just does not pull at all like I think it should. It sorta acts light the timing is being retarded or something. Does not miss under wide open throttle at all. where has the power gone?? Where do I look first?
Old 10-13-2017, 03:33 PM
Roddy13
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 97 Posts

Well you are either trolling or this is a complete joke.

I'll Play.

My first bit of advice... the next time you line up with your wifes buick, If your car is a manual you need to shift later than 1,800rpm.

If this is anywhere near a legit question and you are not taking heavy meds of any sort, you should probably compression test your engine. Then check back with us.

My C5 LS1 FRC went 12's almost completely stock, and 12.5's with just a vararam and headers only, no tune, nothing else ( I was on the back bumper of a SRT V10 Viper running 12.2's all night)... so not even sure what this buick minivan talk is about.

Last edited by Roddy13; 10-13-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:05 AM
GS963
Advanced

Originally Posted by Roddy13

I'll Play.

My first bit of advice... the next time you line up with your wifes buick, If your car is a manual you need to shift later than 1,800rpm.

If this is anywhere near a legit question and you are not taking heavy meds of any sort, you should probably compression test your engine. Then check back with us.

My C5 LS1 FRC went 12's almost completely stock, and 12.5's with just a vararam and headers only, no tune, nothing else ( I was on the back bumper of a SRT V10 Viper running 12.2's all night)... so not even sure what this buick minivan talk is about.
Joke? Don't be offended. Not hitting on the C-5 just trying to find out why this C-5 simply does not run. Appreciate any ideas on where to look first. By the way the car is an automatic.

Last edited by GS963; 10-14-2017 at 12:07 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:16 PM
GS963
Advanced

Originally Posted by Roddy13

I'll Play.

I suspect this car has been altered by a tuner years back. One reason is there is a sensor that is mounted in front of the radiator that plugs into the harness that goes to the MAF sensor. My 2002 does not have this of course. The car also runs around 175 max. So its clear the thermostat has been changed also. I suspected a blocked air filter. It was very dirty but I could see through it in places. Not sure its blocked enough to kill performance of the engine. I'm open for suggestions on what this sensor is for and what else to check. Any ideas on the sensor mounted in front of radiator?

Last edited by GS963; 10-14-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:32 PM
GS963
Advanced

[QUOTE=GS963;1595766626]I suspect this car has been altered by a tuner years back. One reason is there is a sensor that is mounted in front of the radiator that plugs into the harness that goes to the MAF sensor. My 2002 does not have this of course. The car also runs around 175 max. So its clear the thermostat has been changed also. I suspected a blocked air filter. It was very dirty but I could see through it in places. Not sure its blocked enough to kill performance of the engine. I'm open for suggestions on what this sensor is for and what else to check. Any ideas on the sensor mounted in front of radiator?[/QUOTE

I found out what the sensor was and why it was moved. Thanks all for you help.lol
Old 10-21-2017, 11:07 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by roddy13
well you are either trolling or this is a complete joke.

I'll play.

My first bit of advice... The next time you line up with your wifes buick, if your car is a manual you need to shift later than 1,800rpm.

lol
Old 10-23-2017, 12:21 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Data log the car, it could be carbon'd up causing knock issues, putting you in the low timing table. Fairly common on high mileage C5's.

Get notified of new replies

To 99 LS1 lost to a stock Buick lacrosse

Quick Reply: 99 LS1 lost to a stock Buick lacrosse