C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Starting Car before taking to Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 02:42 PM
cyp65
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Starting Car before taking to Tuner

Hi All,

I recently completely a ton of work on 1997 C5 including an ls6 intake and ported throttle body, headers, cam, 42lb injectors and KN filter. I also had the oil pan off to address an oil leak.

My question is, do I just drag my car to the tuners without ever starting it and hope all my work is fine, there are no leaks, etc.?

I can't imagine the car will run, or if it does run, that it won't be dumping a ton of fuel in the cylinders given the larger injectors. I don't want to damage anything and have to do more work.

Does anyone have any insight on this? I've searched, but only turn up alot of tuning guidelines that seemed directed to running cars.

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2017, 12:55 AM
mikey4play
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Put the stock injectors back in, you will be safe for start up and light duty street driving. I would stay under 3000rpm.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:32 PM
cb2004mj
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

injector duty cycle needs adjusted for new injectors, like stated above, swap them back to stock. bring the new ones and drive the car there, swap in the new inj and let them tune away. buddy drove his LT, ls2 intake, TB, car for almost a year before the tune. when it came time to tune everything was near perfect cause the car had adapted to the new parts. these ls cars are pretty smart.

Get notified of new replies

To Starting Car before taking to Tuner

Quick Reply: Starting Car before taking to Tuner