Tuning Advise… installing cam - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C5 Scan & Tune
Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo

Tuning Advise… installing cam

Old 12-11-2017, 03:07 PM   #21
Joshboody
CF Senior Member

You are right... WB is much better. But if you are forced to tune by trims you can at least confirm "not too lean" with NB. I first tuned my new cam by trims, bumping up VE and MAF to be safe. Ended up close to 0.90g cylAir and 110% IDC targeting 920-ish mv. Car was strong but at 10.x a/f I later confirmed. Now at 0.72g, 95% IDC at 12.2-ish a/f. So you can tune a drivable safe car but have to error on the rich side. Surprised 10-ish a/f felt so good... leaner feels better but not by a huge amount.

Going over my logs I think it would be fairly precise. Maybe I'll export to excel soon and check it more thoroughly. Of course each NB is different... i'm showing 30mv diff but this is likely combo of NB and bank fueling diff.

Now I'm also a little unsure whether I could have an offset in the WB (LC-2). In OL I tuned 12.5, which I should have done at least portion at stoich to confirm it, but I failed to think of it. Taking voltage at the output, it matches obd reading. And pre-start will show 5v and initial start 0v... so I think its accurate.

I have pulled the WB for now though since I need a more solid setup for the track.

edit: Oh, WB was in stock front and rear locations with stock 01 cats.

Last edited by Joshboody; 12-11-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Joshboody is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Tuning Advise… installing cam
  •