C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

DTC codesC1282 & C 1285

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 02:49 PM
Jday14
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DTC codesC1282 & C 1285

recently replaced EBCM per direction from local Chevy dealer. Part has long ago been discontinued. Found re-built one on line. Active handling and traction control warning codes are gone. Now C1282- yaw sensor malfunction and C1285 -lateral accelerometer malfunction. Is this possible, two sensors fail at the same time? Or do I have another problem with EBCM? Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-26-2018, 11:52 PM
RedRiderZR1
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

There is a 5-volt signal that goes out of the EBCM to both of those sensors (one wire split to both sensors). If that 5-volt signal is not being sent from the EBCM you will lose those sensors. That might be what is happening here.

Has it done this since the EBCM has been installed? Might be a faulty unit, or could be a short in that wire somewhere. Might try to re-seat the connector on the EBCM. Check the sensors are getting the 5 volts needed to work. Possibly ground issues as well. Data to EBCM is 2 different circuits to the EBCM from the 2 sensors. So less likely it is those circuits. 3 wires to each sensor, (power, ground, data).

Yaw sensor is behind ashtray in the center console, accelerometer sensor is under the passenger seat. Check voltages for sensors first.

Actually, this post belongs in the tech section. You will get more help there with this issue, and it is not tune related. Just for future reference

Last edited by RedRiderZR1; 02-26-2018 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:36 AM
Jday14
5th Gear

Default Thanks ,that's great help

Originally Posted by Jday14
recently replaced EBCM per direction from local Chevy dealer. Part has long ago been discontinued. Found re-built one on line. Active handling and traction control warning codes are gone. Now C1282- yaw sensor malfunction and C1285 -lateral accelerometer malfunction. Is this possible, two sensors fail at the same time? Or do I have another problem with EBCM? Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks
Yes, codes are new since installation of rebuilt EBCM. I will try to reseat connector and go from there. Thank you so much.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:09 PM
FOGeologist
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 83 Posts

Yes, codes are new since installation of rebuilt EBCM. I will try to reseat connector and go from there. Thank you so much.
What happened with this, were you successful? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:48 AM
Jday14
5th Gear

EBCM was returned to remanufacturer. They said additional work needed to be done on unit. They recently discovered other problems when rebuilding. Awaiting answer from them.

Get notified of new replies

To DTC codesC1282 & C 1285

Quick Reply: DTC codesC1282 & C 1285