C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

When To Tune ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 08:09 PM
1luckyVette
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When To Tune ?

2002 Base model Coupe that I just done adding O.B.X. longtube headers and a Vararam Cold Air Intake . While exhaust was taken apart I changed out the fuel filter and installed A/C Delco Iridium spark plugs . Car is a automatic and has 48,000 miles. Car will start right up but will not idle , it seems like its starving for fuel . Checked pressure at the fuel rail and is only 32 psi. and should be mid 50's . Nothing is leaking and have to trace fuel lines to see if anything looks amiss. New O2 sensors with extensions were used . Never had a vehicle tuned before ( I know first time for everything) . Should I take to Tuner as is or continue to troubleshoot issues ? Car is stock other than headers and cold air intake . Thanks in advance !

Last edited by 1luckyVette; 06-25-2018 at 08:14 PM. Reason: added info.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:25 AM
Hardcore GM #2
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1luckyVette
2002 Base model Coupe that I just done adding O.B.X. longtube headers and a Vararam Cold Air Intake . While exhaust was taken apart I changed out the fuel filter and installed A/C Delco Iridium spark plugs . Car is a automatic and has 48,000 miles. Car will start right up but will not idle , it seems like its starving for fuel . Checked pressure at the fuel rail and is only 32 psi. and should be mid 50's . Nothing is leaking and have to trace fuel lines to see if anything looks amiss. New O2 sensors with extensions were used . Never had a vehicle tuned before ( I know first time for everything) . Should I take to Tuner as is or continue to troubleshoot issues ? Car is stock other than headers and cold air intake . Thanks in advance !
That's odd. I just had my longtube headers and a cold air installed, and mine runs great. No tune yet. I was thinking about waiting until I do a cam.

Mark
Old 06-30-2018, 12:08 AM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

sounds like your new fuel filter is having issues or you have an unmeasured air leak throwing the fuel trims off.
you should be at the mid 50 pounds of fuel pressure
you shouldn't have idle issue with those modifications.
Old 06-30-2018, 01:05 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Do Not get it tuned before you sort out the LOW fuel pressure issue Otherwise you are wasting your time and $$$
It should have at least 50 PSI at ilde---If it is only 30 you have a fuel delivery probelm --- either a clogged filter A bad fuel pressure regulator or a failing fuel pump
Old 07-01-2018, 11:56 PM
1luckyVette
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going back to A/C Delco Fuel Filter and Fuel Pump

[QUOTE=tblu92;1597507739]Do Not get it tuned before you sort out the LOW fuel pressure issue Otherwise you are wasting your time and $$$
It should have at least 50 PSI at ilde---If it is only 30 you have a fuel delivery probelm --- either a clogged filter A bad fuel pressure regulator or a failing fuel pump[/QUOTE

Get notified of new replies

To When To Tune ?

Quick Reply: When To Tune ?