C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Need some help on tuning issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 05:37 PM
sparky38
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need some help on tuning issues

(1) First I'd like to thank all the members that help out in the forum. I've been able to fix quite a few things on the 2 Z06's I've had.
I purchased a 2003 Z06 last August. The car would stall every once in a while and surge at idle. I happen to here a ticking and thought it was a lifter and took it to a very reputable shop to get fixed. Turned out to be a 2 rockers. Asked them to look at the stalling and at the time they were very busy. They replaced all the rockers and was able to fix the stalling. I knew it needed more attention and figured I get it done in the spring. This spring I've been driving it and would get the hanging RPMs after depressing the clutch and roll to a stop. And some surging at idle to 1100 rpms and than settle in. I bought the new HP Tuners MPVI2 M02 wanting to be able to scan and fix issues myself. Watched the tuning school video about hanging rpms and changed the throttle cracker mph settings to 85 and 80 they were at 10-9. It fixed the hanging high idle (1500 rpm) and the surging at idle I was having. The issue now is on depressing the clutch and coming to a stop it wants to drop down to 500 rpm and lower and sometimes stall. If I just do a small tap on the pedal it stops it from dropping below idle. You can see it almost stall at around 6:37 in the Data Log'

(2) If you could also take a look at the bucking while cruising between 1400-1900 rpms. At slow speeds it want to lunge (buck)

I've included a Data log while driving and my first tune with adjustment to the throttle cracker for you guys to review.
About the car, 2003 Z06

If I can get these 2 issues corrected it would be perfect around town driving.

Forged LS1
A&A Vortec Si blower 3.4 pulley
Advance Inductions 226cc ported heads with BTR springs
ARH 1 7/8" headers ceramic coated
Corsa exhaust
RPM level 3 diff with 3.73 gears
Alky controls dual nozzle meth kit with custom ash tray panel
Boost, fuel pressure and wideband gauges, Catch can
60lb injectors with in tank C6z06 fuel pump and kenne bell boost a pump

Thanks for all the help!!
Sparky38 (Joe)
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
cruising and clutch release.hpl (115.8 KB, 26 views)
Old 08-01-2018, 05:04 AM
Frame77
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could you add Desired Idle Airflow and Commanded Airflow to the log?
Old 08-02-2018, 03:12 AM
Frank O'Brien
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've read that with the surge issue if one removes a degree or 2 of ignition timing in the issue cells of your tune it should take care of it. I have same issue with my NA car. As soon as rectify a few other issues I will try it myself. Here is where I got my info.
http://www.masterenginetuner.com/ls-big-c
Old 08-02-2018, 06:38 PM
sparky38
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank O'Brien
I've read that with the surge issue if one removes a degree or 2 of ignition timing in the issue cells of your tune it should take care of it. I have same issue with my NA car. As soon as rectify a few other issues I will try it myself. Here is where I got my info.
http://www.masterenginetuner.com/ls-big-c
Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Need some help on tuning issues

Quick Reply: Need some help on tuning issues