C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Looking to tune my own car

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 08:24 AM
04zjimc
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Looking to tune my own car

So...is hptuners better than eflive? I hear eflive is better with a wideband?..took my car to vette doctors for a street tune..car runs gd but now I have a cold start issue and my dyno sheet has no air/fuel ratio on it have no idea? it also has something on the dyno sheet that has to do with boost .I do not have a supercharger. I asked him what did he do..and his answer was alittle of this and that no direct answer. I also had him do a GM top engine cleaner..again no info on what the outcome was..$600 dollars later..
Old 08-03-2018, 03:06 PM
HPTuners
Supporting Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello, glad to see you are considering our product. With the new MPVI 2 we are in the process of developing the expander hub which will allow for the use of analog wide band. For now you can use a serial wide band or a CAN based wide band if your car has a CAN bus. You might first want to find out what product the tuner used to tune your vehicle. I would also suggest finding out if he tuner locked the tune after he put it on the car, this will prevent you from being able to edit the file or load a stock one back onto the vehicle. Please let me know if you have any other questions and feel free to message me directly on here, or reach out to support@hptuner.com
Old 08-10-2018, 05:50 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Hp Tuners hides a lot of perameters that EFI doesnt which is nice. I personally like the interface of HP better. The Hp Tuner forum is way more active and very supportive.

I recommend Ed Mowtown. Super nice guy and put a great course together. Its also priced great too!

https://ermperformancetuning.com/

He teaches with Hp Tuners.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:17 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

List all of your mods on your engine----A cold start issue is something that is esily corrected with either HP or EFILIVE Remember that your tuner only has one attempt on sorting out a cold start issue because once the engine is warm you have to let it go completely cold in order to make an another crack ay fixing it Knpwing your mods can help narrowing what needs to be adjusted

Get notified of new replies

To Looking to tune my own car

Quick Reply: Looking to tune my own car