C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Tuner in SW Florida Fort Myers, Naples or near

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 09:02 PM
seebobgo
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Tuner in SW Florida Fort Myers, Naples or near

Looking for a tune on a stock 2003 Z06. I'm in Bonita Springs. Advise appreciated.
Thanks_Bob
Old 08-30-2018, 12:55 PM
midnight01
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by seebobgo
Looking for a tune on a stock 2003 Z06. I'm in Bonita Springs. Advise appreciated.
Thanks_Bob
I'm in your area, right on the Estero/Fort myers line. I use HPTuners and do my own tuning. To be honest we are losing a good tuner here due to retirement and life altering issue.. If you have no mods at all its not worth tuning in my opinion. you may get little if nothing gained. Once you go headers, exhaust and intake then a tune becomes very important. If you go that route you can look me up and if you buy the credit, I'll let you tune to your hearts content using my tuner and laptop to log.

Last edited by midnight01; 08-30-2018 at 12:56 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by midnight01:
HPTuners (08-31-2018), seebobgo (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 04:53 PM
seebobgo
Racer

Originally Posted by midnight01
I'm in your area, right on the Estero/Fort myers line. I use HPTuners and do my own tuning. To be honest we are losing a good tuner here due to retirement and life altering issue.. If you have no mods at all its not worth tuning in my opinion. you may get little if nothing gained. Once you go headers, exhaust and intake then a tune becomes very important. If you go that route you can look me up and if you buy the credit, I'll let you tune to your hearts content using my tuner and laptop to log.
That's very nice of you. Thanks! I just bought another not additional 2003 Z. Had one years ago and loved it. Been down the slippery slope before.
This one's all stock and trying to keep it that way. I believe these cars are tuned for 91 and I hear of 8 RWhp and 15 RW trq. gains with a good dyno tune. Am I wrong?
A mild cam is enticing.
Any recommendations for that>
The following users liked this post:
HPTuners (08-31-2018)
Old 08-31-2018, 11:49 AM
midnight01
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by seebobgo
That's very nice of you. Thanks! I just bought another not additional 2003 Z. Had one years ago and loved it. Been down the slippery slope before.
This one's all stock and trying to keep it that way. I believe these cars are tuned for 91 and I hear of 8 RWhp and 15 RW trq. gains with a good dyno tune. Am I wrong?
A mild cam is enticing.
Any recommendations for that>
Thats pretty steep price to pay for a dyno tune to get those numbers, 500+. You can put on an air intake and gain about the same for the same price if not less if you check the for sale here., Then get your tune later for more gain. You should always look at the entire picture
if you do headers, you should do xpipe and catback so you dont have to do it twice. same with cam in my opinion, you have the real nice heads on your Z so if you go cam you should replace lifters, valve springs seals, e.t.c. Think of everything as a unit and not independent.
If you do go headers. exhaust, e.t.c i am always willing to help out installing, same can be said with other parts. I think this corvette tax is ridiculous.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:44 PM
seebobgo
Racer

Five Bar in Fort Myers made my Z06 scream. Just thought I would pass it along.

Get notified of new replies

To Tuner in SW Florida Fort Myers, Naples or near

Quick Reply: Tuner in SW Florida Fort Myers, Naples or near