C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

HP Tuner buy or use the tuner's equipment

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 11:41 AM
peterskunk
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HP Tuner buy or use the tuner's equipment

HI, I have a C5 with a few bolts on (full exhaust, cats deleted, Vararam Intake , upgraded clutch etc..) and I have a nitrous kit pending to be installed.I’m thinking on a tune for her and I like the HP Tuners MPVI2. There’s a few tuners in my area that use HP Tuners. They offers to tune it without the need of me buying the hardware

There is any bennefit of having my own equipment?

Old 09-06-2018, 05:11 PM
Signal_Hack
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I like having my own equipment and will be buying another one here soon. Just nice to ha e multiple tunes you can swap between. Mine are nothing intricate, but I like to feel the shift, momma doesn't want to.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:28 PM
enoniam
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by peterskunk
HI, I have a C5 with a few bolts on (full exhaust, cats deleted, Vararam Intake , upgraded clutch etc..) and I have a nitrous kit pending to be installed.I’m thinking on a tune for her and I like the HP Tuners MPVI2. There’s a few tuners in my area that use HP Tuners. They offers to tune it without the need of me buying the hardware

There is any bennefit of having my own equipment?
If the tuner uses a license attached to the interface you own, if you ever want to have another tuner work on it you won't have to pay for another license.

Plus you can data log yourself anytime if the car starts acting up.
The following users liked this post:
peterskunk (09-10-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 01:18 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

If you have no tuning experience buying your own software can be a waste of $ The key to tuning is not loading and downloading tunes--anyone can do that---BUT to gain the full benefit of owning your own software is knowing HOW to use the "data logger" and how to interpret the data it is telling you--Based on what the data logger tells you is how you choose to make fine tune adjustments to your tune--On the engine side it is fuel and spark timing as well as knock retard--unless you are a fast learner and love to tinker you may never get those last few extra HP's that data logging will produce---best for a beginer is to spend a little extra and have an experienced tuner do all that for you---

Get notified of new replies

To HP Tuner buy or use the tuner's equipment

Quick Reply: HP Tuner buy or use the tuner's equipment