C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Any Reccomendations Columbus Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Ahnenerbe
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Any Reccomendations Columbus Ohio

So I am wanting to tune out the rear 02 sensors, and do not feel comfortable doing it myself as I read that you can really mess up your ECU if you don't know what you're doing. I have tried shops by me and the couple that are listed only work on engines on a dyno. Anyone know of anyone in Columbus that can help me do this? Thanks
Old 10-02-2018, 01:20 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

There are several mailorder tuning vendors here on the forum they can do only exactly what you ask for for a much less cost than a full tune---
Old 10-17-2018, 12:13 PM
mykream
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 128 Posts

There are plenty of good shops in Columbus to assist. Dynotune motorsports is who I use, Brian is a great guy and a long time friend. Crucial performance and Carlyle Racing are two others that can assist. Any of these can help you out and really the choice in this case would just depend on availability and who is closest to you.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:13 PM
Ahnenerbe
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks. I have tried Crucial but the guy has yet to get back to me to help. I have left messages to no avail. I will try Dynotune but they are a good drive away, while Crucial is just down the street.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:56 PM
smitty2919
Safety Car

Received 2,032 Likes on 1,200 Posts

Skaats Precisioon Motorsports in Cincinnati IF all else fails and you are willing to drive.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:14 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Ahnenerbe
So I am wanting to tune out the rear 02 sensors, and do not feel comfortable doing it myself as I read that you can really mess up your ECU if you don't know what you're doing. I have tried shops by me and the couple that are listed only work on engines on a dyno. Anyone know of anyone in Columbus that can help me do this? Thanks
NO you cannot mess up your engine with wanting to delete the rear O2 sensors
The rear 02's are there simply to report the "condition of your cats" They have no affect on your engine's running---ONLY the front 02's are very important and the data they receive control ALL your P/T fueling You wou;d never want to delete the fronts on a daily driver with bolt on type car---Only race applications would benefit from running a tune without front 02 input

PS there is one exception when deleting your REAR 02 sensors--- Your car has a "CAT overtemp" system from the factory that will dump in large amounts of fuel if the data shows your CATS are over heating------So if you have a tuner delete all your rear 02 reporting and codes He must also turn OFF the CAT overtemp system as it may false trigger when removing them and still dump in lots of fuel in an attempt to cool them off ( even if they are not there!! )

Get notified of new replies

To Any Reccomendations Columbus Ohio

Quick Reply: Any Reccomendations Columbus Ohio