C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

PCM Hammer

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 10:36 AM
aaronc7
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 235 Posts

Do some 2003s use P59? Just curious. I have a 2003.5 with C6 style fuel tanks/system and it's a P01 and some others seemed surprised about that as well.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:25 PM
NSFW
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 137 Posts

Interesting... I thought 2003s all used P59s but clearly that's not the case. The P59 I've been testing with came from a 2004, so I know for sure that those did. Or I know for sure that at least one of them did.
The following users liked this post:
aaronc7 (03-05-2020)
Old 03-24-2020, 02:25 AM
NSFW
Burning Brakes

EDIT: This issue has been fixed in Release 14. Details are in the post after this one.

===

Heads up for anyone getting an OBDX Pro interface for use with PCM Hammer: only use that combo for workbench flashing for now. I had great results that way, but my 2nd in-car reflash didn't go well and I had to pull the PCM and re-do it on my bench. The hardware is fine, but the app just needs some tuning to work well with it. I hope to have a new release in a week or so to fix this.

Last edited by NSFW; 04-17-2020 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:03 PM
NSFW
Burning Brakes

Release 14 is out now, and the problem mentioned above has been fixed.
R
eading and writing are also significantly faster with AllPro devices, and slightly faster with ObdLink devices.
And a few minor things have been fixed or improved.

To get the zip file, go here...
https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/releases
...click "Assets" at the bottom of the release description, and click the zip file.

Extract the zip file to your hard drive, and have fun.

If you're not familiar with PCM Hammer, you might want to read this:

https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/wiki
Old 09-26-2021, 03:27 PM
NSFW
Burning Brakes

I forgot to update this thread for a while, but we're up to Release 19, and you can also get the apps from the Windows Store if you like.

...click "Assets" at the bottom of the release description, and click the zip file.

To get it from the Windows Store, search for PCM Hammer or PCM Logger. There's one catch with the Windows Store versions - some J2534 devices, such as the VCX Nano, are not compatible with the Windows Store. This is a limitation of the device drivers, not the app, so if you have one of those devices, you just need to get PCM Hammer / PCM Logger from the zip file.
The following users liked this post:
aaronc7 (10-01-2021)
Old 10-01-2021, 11:39 AM
aaronc7
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by NSFW
I forgot to update this thread for a while, but we're up to Release 19, and you can also get the apps from the Windows Store if you like.

To get it from the Windows Store, search for PCM Hammer or PCM Logger. There's one catch with the Windows Store versions - some J2534 devices, such as the VCX Nano, are not compatible with the Windows Store. This is a limitation of the device drivers, not the app, so if you have one of those devices, you just need to get PCM Hammer / PCM Logger from the zip file.
is tactrix openport supported? It said j1850 vpw compatible but seen conflicting info. I quickly tried mine and it didn’t seem to work.
Old 10-01-2021, 11:12 PM
NSFW
Burning Brakes

My other car is a Subaru, so I have one, so I tried... but no.
I asked them about it and they said that was a mistake, they don't actually support J1850 VPW.

The OBDX Pro VT is the best option right now, but they can't make them fast enough to keep up with demand so they're not always in stock.
The ObdLink LX is the next best thing - just as reliable, but not as fast (but they also cost less so there's that.)
I'm told the VCX Nano is about as fast as the OBDX Pro, but it costs a little more, but they're generally in stock.

Old 09-24-2022, 09:45 PM
Rconce01
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Default PCM Hammer Read

Has anyone gotten a Reduced engine power message while trying to read the PCM with PCM hammer. I'm trying to get the bin file of my 04 and it keeps blinking Reduced engine power. The first time I tried a read it got stuck at requesting CRC from PCM. By the way what's the average time it should take to do a read on these 1mb PCM with OBD link MX?
Old 02-22-2023, 11:11 AM
VETTEYOG
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub8
Hi - Received my Allpro and have a successful read from my 01 Z06. Outstanding! VIN reported correctly and no errors encountered. OS: 12593358.

Fired up tunerpro with the referenced XDF and all looks good.

How confident are we with Checksums and writing?

Also I haven't been able to get hold of a base bin file for the car. Can anyone help with that?

Finally, how do I / can I datalog with the AllPro / PCM Hammer?

Many many thanks so far.....
Old thread I know, but would you still have the 12593358 XDF file? I'm getting into this tuning stuff and I can't find one.
Old 02-22-2023, 08:16 PM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

Can you hurt anything just trying to read a tune? What might happen if you try reading a P01 with a custom operating system? I'm curious how much you guys have unlocked. I guess I'll start by poking around the GitHub site, probably a lot of answers waiting for me there. I wouldn't think a read could hurt anything.

Quick Reply: PCM Hammer