C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Bad Tuner? SC yields 390 rwhp and only 19 more tq

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 03:17 PM
DrRaySomeDay
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Bad Tuner? SC yields 390 rwhp and only 19 more tq

I posted this in the FI section but thought some folks in this section would have some good opinions. Thanks https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...q-by-19-a.html
Old 12-16-2018, 09:14 PM
mmartinez
Melting Slicks

Received 508 Likes on 425 Posts

I would seriously find somebody else to tune your car, those numbers are low for a A&A kit. My 97 m6 put down 536hp and 476tq at 6200rpm. I ordered my kit with a 10psi pulley, but am only producing about 7psi due to 5000ft elevation.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:24 AM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 316 Likes on 271 Posts

Chassis dyno's are good for comparing before and after performance. On any given day you can get different results from different dyno's. There are inertia, load bearing and 4wheel dyno's. Also, how the dyno was programmed to SAE standards makes a difference. Even there using old SAE vs the new SAE standards will give you different results. A well known Corvette engineer bought a new C7 and took a trip to break it in and had about 2000 miles on it when he stopped at a large Corvette event who had a vendor doing dyno tests. Since he wanted to have a baseline before he tuned it, he opted to have it dyno'ed. They came back with 515 rwhp on his run.....he smiled and left. Everyone thought he had made internal improvements--it was bone stock--to get those numbers. It sounds like your numbers were run on a 4 wheel dyno, anyways it showed you had a 41% increase in hp with his results. If you happened to have some drag strip results that would be a better comparison. Also tuners vary widely in their tuning profiles, some tune to peak hp and others tune for optimal part throttle response. Find someone who has had a Dynojet (dyno) and get a feel good pull (at least three pulls) and then compare the results (SC'ed) to the first one. You will probably find another 100+ hp results.

Get notified of new replies

To Bad Tuner? SC yields 390 rwhp and only 19 more tq

Quick Reply: Bad Tuner? SC yields 390 rwhp and only 19 more tq