Smartest throttle body option. - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo

Smartest throttle body option.

Old 12-06-2018, 04:05 PM
sydneyACE
CF Senior Member

Default Smartest throttle body option.

I have a 2001 C5 that I'm transplanting an LS3 into.

Slowly but surely my parts are showing up, and it's getting closer and closer to the big day. I'm still on the fence though about what to do for a throttle body.
My donor LS3 has the gold blade throttle body on it. Most people have said to ditch it and get an LS2 throttle body because the gold blade style will most likely cause issues with REP and CEL. Having said that, there are several instances of guys getting them to work either by wiring mods or tuning. I've also seen another product that appears to make the gold blade plug and play in an LS1 car.

Here's my options as I see it right now, guys help me figure out what to do please!

1. $50 for an adapter harness and hope I can use the gold blade via tuning or wiring. = $50 + time messing around.
2. $50 for an adapter harness + $400 for an LS2 throttle body. = $450 and guaranteed to work.
3. $250 for this "X-Link" harness adapter. = $250 (supposedly plug and play. Has anyone used this? http://www.torquerush.com/x-link.html )
4. Are there any aftermarket TBs out there that are wired for an LS1 but have a 90mm bore?
5. Something else I haven't thought of?

Obviously, I can just get the regular adapter harness for $50, then splurge the extra $400 for an LS2 TB if the gold blade one doesn't work out... BUT if something like that X-Link works, then I can just grab that right off the bat and I'm only in it for $250.

Hmmmm.... help me out fellas.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:10 PM
sydneyACE
CF Senior Member

Nobody?
Anyone use this harness?
http://www.torquerush.com/x-link.html
Old 12-12-2018, 10:52 AM
Pekka_Perkeles
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by sydneyACE View Post
I have a 2001 C5 that I'm transplanting an LS3 into.

Slowly but surely my parts are showing up, and it's getting closer and closer to the big day. I'm still on the fence though about what to do for a throttle body.
My donor LS3 has the gold blade throttle body on it. Most people have said to ditch it and get an LS2 throttle body because the gold blade style will most likely cause issues with REP and CEL.
Tuning. It WILL work in your C5. I've done these swaps, so I know it personally.

Guys at ECS figured it out years ago.

You can do it with either HPTuners or EFILive.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:45 PM
sydneyACE
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles View Post
Tuning. It WILL work in your C5. I've done these swaps, so I know it personally.

Guys at ECS figured it out years ago.

You can do it with either HPTuners or EFILive.
Good to know! So it can be done with just the basic harness adapter, or do you need the X-Link one?

Do you have a tune, that I could plug-in for mine?

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: