C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Won't start. Is it my tune? HPTuners

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 09:37 PM
C5 Kirkland
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Won't start. Is it my tune? HPTuners

Before I shoot this off to their forum, can someone take a look at my tune file?
1998 corvette with a 2001 PCM
Ran perfect before I torn it apart this winter to add a lot of mods.
Heads, cam, 60lb injectors, rear turbo, no maf, 2.5bar SD, Lonnie's fuel pump.
I can get the engine to turn over, but no start. Fuel pressure 60 psi, injectors/plugs are working, all fluids are full. Brand new battery. No errors on DIC.
Is there something in the tuning file I am missing?
Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
new tune 5-13-19 3bar.hpt (231.8 KB, 36 views)
Old 05-15-2019, 01:16 PM
FixedRoof
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Your VE table is 519 (maxed) in all cells. That my friend is your problem.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:34 PM
C5 Kirkland
Pro

Thanks for taking a look, FixedRoof.
Here is the new tune. I grabbed the VE table from the original file, wrote it, but it still sounds exactly the same when I try to start it.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
new tune 5-15-19 3bar.hpt (232.7 KB, 26 views)
Old 05-17-2019, 02:48 PM
RedRiderZR1
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

A couple of things from looking at the tune file. One would be.. what are the specs of the cam? Can better give help knowing that. Where did you get this tune file from? Lots of changes to this file.
One thing I noticed is you mentioned 60# injectors. You have the wrong data in the file for those injectors. Flow Rate vs Kpa reads too low for one thing, Which means it will dump in more fuel and run too rich. Second thing since you are running a cam is it will not start with your stock base running airflow numbers. One way to check if it will fire and run is to give it some gas while cranking. If it starts then the base running airflow is the only thing from getting it to start and idle. Adding to that table will get it to start and idle. But like I mentioned before. You need to fix that IFR table. The stock VE you put in there may get it to start, depending on the installed cam. Thinking since your IFR table is off, it will not start and run even if you gave it some throttle. Too rich from IFR table. Take out a spark plug and see if it is fuel fouled.
I am running 60# injectors and my IFR table scales from 62 to 69 lbs in that table. Siemens injectors.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:34 AM
C5 Kirkland
Pro

Originally Posted by RedRiderZR1
A couple of things from looking at the tune file. One would be.. what are the specs of the cam? Can better give help knowing that. Where did you get this tune file from? Lots of changes to this file.
One thing I noticed is you mentioned 60# injectors. You have the wrong data in the file for those injectors. Flow Rate vs Kpa reads too low for one thing, Which means it will dump in more fuel and run too rich. Second thing since you are running a cam is it will not start with your stock base running airflow numbers. One way to check if it will fire and run is to give it some gas while cranking. If it starts then the base running airflow is the only thing from getting it to start and idle. Adding to that table will get it to start and idle. But like I mentioned before. You need to fix that IFR table. The stock VE you put in there may get it to start, depending on the installed cam. Thinking since your IFR table is off, it will not start and run even if you gave it some throttle. Too rich from IFR table. Take out a spark plug and see if it is fuel fouled.
I am running 60# injectors and my IFR table scales from 62 to 69 lbs in that table. Siemens injectors.
Here is a link to the cam:
http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/c...csid=1424&sb=2
Tune is stock 99+ with changes by me from watching the HPTuners school and reading forums.
I downloaded the flow rate from 60LB Siemens Deka -LS1 Style-HP Tuners format file.
Giving it gas makes zero difference. Spark plugs are new, and still look new.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:52 PM
RedRiderZR1
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by C5 Kirkland
Here is a link to the cam:
http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/c...csid=1424&sb=2
Tune is stock 99+ with changes by me from watching the HPTuners school and reading forums.
I downloaded the flow rate from 60LB Siemens Deka -LS1 Style-HP Tuners format file.
Giving it gas makes zero difference. Spark plugs are new, and still look new.
Just letting you know the data is wrong. 44-49 is too low a rate in the file. That data looks like info for a smaller injector. It is going to dump fuel in the cylinder. Those plugs should have a fuel smell or have fuel on them at least. Or you have more than a problem with your tune.

Get notified of new replies

To Won't start. Is it my tune? HPTuners

Quick Reply: Won't start. Is it my tune? HPTuners