C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dumb question, what tire pressure should I run?

Old 04-02-2005, 06:28 PM
1 slow 97
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Default dumb question, what tire pressure should I run?

I just put a set of non-run flats on the the car. I am wondering what tire pressure should I run. I was thinking 32, any suggestionS?
Old 04-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Cajundude
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In 7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Most people here run 30 cold.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:17 PM
csexton
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

30psi here.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:41 PM
EHS
Race Director

Correct, dumb question.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:48 PM
16Again
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '20

30psi cold
Old 04-02-2005, 08:39 PM
hibiscus805
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EHS
Correct, dumb question.
Dumb answer too .
Old 04-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Special K
Safety Car

Originally Posted by hibiscus805
Dumb answer too .
Damn, you two guys are trying to run me out of business.

30 PSI here and don't trust the DIC unless you've verified.

Bob
Old 04-02-2005, 10:16 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

type? I would run 32 front 30 rear.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:28 AM
12stepvette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Driver Door Sticker and Owners Manual recommend 30 psi Cold.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:37 AM
EHS
Race Director

Dumb answer too .
Not really, guy.

Here's what makes it a dumb question, but not a dumb answer.

1. The tire pressure is listed on the sticker on the driver's door. It's available for viewing every time you get in and out of the car. That would be twice a trip at least -- more often on longer excursions where you need to stop for gas and such.

Hell, you can even look at it while you're driving, in case you forget, by opening the door and leaning out a bit. That way, it's practically available all the time, unless you need to close the door when passing (or being passed).

2. If you can't be bothered to read it off the door, you can find it in the owner's manual, which is the manual that the owner should have gotten with the car. It's usually available to all drivers by looking in the glove compartment, where most owner's keep it, as recommended by the manufacturer.

This isn't just a GM thing, most car manufacturers include this book with the purchase of the car, and virtually all of those books list the tire pressure.

3. This question gets posted on this and other forums all the time, I'd say about once a week, which means that since I joined here in May of 2002, I've seen this question only about 250 times. Which probably means that other people see it as well. A search (little button up at the top right) will bring this up.

So, if items 1., 2., and 3. don't work, then I would suggest posting the question. But I bet just between 1 and 2, the answer's already out there.

Now, on the other hand, if the post was purely to get the post count up, well, that I can understand.

Cheerio!
Old 04-03-2005, 01:38 AM
EHS
Race Director

Originally Posted by 12stepvette
Driver Door Sticker and Owners Manual recommend 30 psi Cold.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:50 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

I will post a serious response......

I found that with my EMT's that I had completely even tred wear except it was a little heavy in the center of the rears. I ran at 30 psi cold....cause I read it on the door and the owners manual

I have noticed that my Khumo Mx non run flats also seem to be thinnig in the middle so I have droped the rear to 28 cold. now with any amount of driving they get up to 32 pretty fast.

Theres my input

Old 04-03-2005, 09:53 PM
hibiscus805
Racer

Originally Posted by EHS
Not really, guy.

1. The tire pressure is listed on the sticker on the driver's door. It's available for viewing every time you get in and out of the car. That would be twice a trip at least -- more often on longer excursions where you need to stop for gas and such.

Hell, you can even look at it while you're driving, in case you forget, by opening the door and leaning out a bit. That way, it's practically available all the time, unless you need to close the door when passing (or being passed).

2. If you can't be bothered to read it off the door, you can find it in the owner's manual, which is the manual that the owner should have gotten with the car. It's usually available to all drivers by looking in the glove compartment, where most owner's keep it, as recommended by the manufacturer.

This isn't just a GM thing, most car manufacturers include this book with the purchase of the car, and virtually all of those books list the tire pressure.

3. This question gets posted on this and other forums all the time, I'd say about once a week, which means that since I joined here in May of 2002, I've seen this question only about 250 times. Which probably means that other people see it as well. A search (little button up at the top right) will bring this up.

So, if items 1., 2., and 3. don't work, then I would suggest posting the question. But I bet just between 1 and 2, the answer's already out there.

Now, on the other hand, if the post was purely to get the post count up, well, that I can understand.

Cheerio!
Now it's a good answer. It is even the right answer.
Why not post it as an answer instead of a rude reply?
After all you posted the answer you did not want !
Old 04-03-2005, 09:54 PM
hibiscus805
Racer

Originally Posted by EHS
Not really, guy.

Cheerio!
After all you posted the answer you did not want to!
Old 04-04-2005, 06:35 AM
Special K
Safety Car

After all you posted the answer you did not want to!
That would take all the fun out of it.

Good job EHS.

Bob
Old 04-04-2005, 07:52 AM
adrnln1
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

When Tony's Corvettes in Gaithersburg, Maryland did my alignment and other work, they put my tire pressures (Goodyear Supercar F1s) to 35lbs cold. I called them upon leaving the shop and was told by Tony that the alignment they gave would give me better performance at 35lbs. So I have left it there for over a year now.

Get notified of new replies

To dumb question, what tire pressure should I run?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dumb question, what tire pressure should I run?