C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[PICS] HUD Install on a very rare NB FRC

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 10:42 AM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default [PICS] HUD Install on a very rare NB FRC

as many of you have noticed Pacethis has recently become a supporting vendor selling HUD kits, these kits take all the hassle from tracking down parts and the '11-pin hud harness' (unavailable from GM)

nyhollywood recently made the trip from Long Island to CT for the install(not a bad drive when you have a Vette Doctors Rx450 equipped Nassua Blue FRC)

parts inlcuded in kit:
HUD projector w/ hardware and double sided tape for mounting
HUD switch(replaces dimmer on stock gage surround)
HUD bezel(trim to fit into dash pad)
HUD harness(uses one end of the original dimmer harness)
very detailed instructions

most '99 and newer c5's are equipped w/ the HUD cluster

dash pad removed and HUD installed(about an hour)

HUD projector, the harness is part of the projector, this plugs into the top of the cluster

here's the difficult part of the install, trimming the dash pad, i used a few new razor blades(lenox makes a nice utility knife), first 'scribe' the lines, then make a few passes to cut the hard plastic(1.5 hours)

total time to install? 3 hours, the dash pad requires patience when trimming, no epoxy or glue needed, when done correctly, the 2 tabs grab the underside of aft bezel and 4 retainers hold the 4 post of the bezel

need HUD parts/kit? contact Pacethis
need HUD installed in the New England/NY area? send me a pm or post
Old 05-03-2006, 10:32 PM
PaceThis
Race Director

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Glad to see the installs going well! I'm offering these kits on sale for the month of May for $379 plus shipping. Please see the C5 parts section for info!

Quick Reply: [PICS] HUD Install on a very rare NB FRC