C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS and traction control help

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 03:35 AM
ant21b
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ABS and traction control help

On my 02 vert both the ABS and traction control lights are always on now. Also the traction control switch in the center console does not work anymore (doesnt turn it on or off). Please advise.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:46 PM
dh305
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the general section. There is a thread about this problem. EBCM problems. I have these codes as well and when the lights come on my Traction control/ABS does not work. If you turn the car off and then when you turn it on the cautions go out, but usually when you hit a bump or drive for a while, they will come back on. Also, these can be caused by dirt getting into the ground contacts up on the frame by the left front wheel. They need to be cleaned. Some people have solved their problems by cleaning there grounding points. I would suggest getting in on the list that is being formed in the general section under the title, "List people with EBCM codes, problems". We are trying to get GM to step up to the plate because this has become a common problem. Good Luck
Old 05-12-2006, 01:33 PM
nuch
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also search for ebcm in TECH, you will get lots of useful posts, with my name plastered all over it.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Bret01Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope you dont have the C1214 code. I did and had to replace the EBCM.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:12 AM
trussme
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ant21b
On my 02 vert both the ABS and traction control lights are always on now. Also the traction control switch in the center console does not work anymore (doesnt turn it on or off). Please advise.
Had the same situation...replaced my 4 year old (oem) battery & that solved this problem. Try this "cheap fix" before you replace the EBCM, if your battery is over 3 years old.

Get notified of new replies

To ABS and traction control help

Quick Reply: ABS and traction control help