C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are tire pressure sensors available w/chrome valve stems

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Blue85L98
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Are tire pressure sensors available w/chrome valve stems

I have a 2003 coupe with the painted five spoke wheels with tire pressure sensors....the valve stems look painted, or dull unpolished aluminum.

I just ordered a set of chrome Z06 wheels, and they are on the way and I wanted to retain the tire pressure sensors from my stock painted five spoke wheels, but it seems to me that the painted or dull silver finish of my exisiting tire pressure sensor valve stem would look like crap on a new chrome wheel. Are there tire pressure sensors available with chrome valve stems for chrome wheels? Or what is everyone doing that is running tire pressure sensors in any style of chrome wheel?

I asked one of the parts houses if the pressure sensors were available with a chrome stem, and was told ... 'no, not available with chrome, just one style'.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
-dave
Old 08-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Oldvetter
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

No, and the manual warns you not to use metallic sleeves and caps. I don't understand that, since the antenna is in the body of the sensor. I use chrome caps on mine just fine.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:49 PM
SpeedyZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the same problem, I have a set of chromed CCW 505 wheels and the dull valve stem really stands out. Someone did tell me that CCW is offering chromed nuts for the pressure senors which would help, but I have not contacted them yet to see if that is true.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Blue85L98
Drifting

Cruise-In III Veteran

Thanks for the replies Oldvetter & SpeedyZ.

Found out that West Coast Corvettes sells chrome nuts for the tire pressure sensors...that might be a better look than dull stock nut.

-dave
Old 08-08-2006, 09:52 AM
SpeedyZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for that info , that is good to know! $50 seemed a little high but at least that comes with a key chain and chrome valve caps, so that is probably not too bad.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Blue85L98
Drifting

Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by SpeedyZ
Thanks for that info , that is good to know! $50 seemed a little high but at least that comes with a key chain and chrome valve caps, so that is probably not too bad.
I just ordered a set today. Don't forget to ask for your Corvette Forum discount...10% off.

Every little bit helps

-dave

Get notified of new replies

To Are tire pressure sensors available w/chrome valve stems

Quick Reply: Are tire pressure sensors available w/chrome valve stems