C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my '97 C5 a Z51? Also, Z06 upgrade Q's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 08:36 PM
nitrojunky
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Is my '97 C5 a Z51? Also, Z06 upgrade Q's.

I searched some and couldn't find the answer to my Q. Aside from breaking out a caliper and measuring the anti-roll bars, how do I verify whether or not my car has the Z51 option? I couldn't find anything written in the glove box or on the door jam identifying it as such. I'm about to start upgrading the suspension to that of a C5Z and need to know whether or not I need to start looking for a front spring.

Second, I have some C5Z anti-roll bars in the mail. I was told that I can use my current end links. Is this correct?

Finally, if my C5 is a Z51, I'm assuming the front spring rates on the Z51's are the same throughout the C5 run. Is this correct?

Thanks in adavance.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:56 PM
DALE C
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try looking for the RPO codes on the under side of one of the rear covers for the wells in the hatch, I have seen them there on some early 97's.You can use your old end links but I would not I would use the new steel endlinks.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:21 PM
nitrojunky
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks... I'll check it in a few.

Anyone know about the front spring rate?

Get notified of new replies

To Is my '97 C5 a Z51? Also, Z06 upgrade Q's.

Quick Reply: Is my '97 C5 a Z51? Also, Z06 upgrade Q's.