C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are there any long tube headers legal in California?

Old 02-22-2007, 06:30 PM
NOS500
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Lightening
Gez, Half of the people in California are illegal immigrants who don't have a drivers license and you guys are worried if long tube headers are illegal>
Norm
Hahaha thats pretty funny!
Old 02-22-2007, 06:31 PM
NOS500
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SleeperC5
So you have to find a smog shop that will over look the LT headers.
hmmm I think that will be pretty tough to find....
Old 03-12-2011, 12:57 PM
mooney201
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blue Lightening
Gez, Half of the people in California are illegal immigrants who don't have a drivers license and you guys are worried if long tube headers are illegal>
Norm
That is just the problem,,, we legal people are paying for the illegals with higher taxes, and smog requirements. Illegals don't worry about smog, or registration. When I went to the ER, the hospital charged me $2,500 for a CAT scan, when MD Imaging charges $650. A hospital employee said that they have to charge the paying customer that price to make up for the non paying people, IE illegals.

Great state we are living in...Pun intended.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Z06supercharged
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DefenderC5
It will still pass the sniffer test no problem. Just put them on. Chances are the tech wont even know the difference. Just make sure you still keep the cats!

Or, just take it to a "vette friendly" smog tech. As long as it passes the sniffer, the visual inspection can be whatever they want it to be.
Its not the putting them on and passing smog thats the problem. Its the $2500 tampering/removing of original smog equipment ticket you can get from an officer (I know 2 people that got the ticket and it did NOT get reduced in court).
Ive been pulled over a few times and told to open my hood for inspection by officers and the first they thing looked at was the exhaust, then under the car with a mirror on a rod looking for cats.

Last edited by Z06supercharged; 03-12-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are there any long tube headers legal in California?