C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DTC B0026 LF/Driver Frontal Deployment Loop (Single Stage or Stage 1) Open

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:11 AM
VIPERBLUELX
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sks
Thanks. There was no airbag issue before we changed the harmonic balancer and messed with the ground wires. B0026 is my only code.
Do you know what ground wires were removed for this? Mine's doing the same thing.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:29 AM
BlackZ06
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPERBLUELX
Do you know what ground wires were removed for this? Mine's doing the same thing.
Post #6 above tells you which ground wires are for the SIR ... unlikely they were disconnected for your cam work ....

In your other post on this you indicated you just had a cam installed .... and as explained in this post, and your other one, the airbag clock spring is most likely broken because they did not secure the steering wheel when they pulled the steering rack to work on the cam ..... take it back to the shop and tell them to fix it at their cost.

Last edited by BlackZ06; 02-18-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:44 PM
TOOGECKO
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody around from this original post? I swapped my wheel yesterday. Followed the GM directions to a tee, even had the GM lockpin and correct puller. I have the airbag light on and a B0022 code. I'm hoping I did nt get the wire with the little spring seated properly and it is a minor fix (shy of having to take my wheel off again...

Quick Reply: DTC B0026 LF/Driver Frontal Deployment Loop (Single Stage or Stage 1) Open